Chapter 4

Present Day:

I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the pantry to find a bag of Doritos on the third shelf and quickly snatched them before Miranda could say anything.

"You found the chips didn't you?" She asks from the living room.

I took a bite of one of the chips, "Why would you think that?"

She sighed softly, "Just come in here and share some."

I chuckled and did as my roommate suggested, strolling in the room to plop down on the seat beside her. "What are you watching?"

"Stuff about your man." She jokes taking a chip and I raise an eyebrow until I look at the TV screen seeing that there was a new interview of Slipknot on.

I rolled my eyes before saying. "He isn't my man, Corey's just really important to me."

She waves her hand at me and shushes me, "Their going to be showing off their new masks in a second."

I turned my attention to the little television as the pictures of their new masks came up on the screen and I damn near choked on a Doritos when I saw Corey's new mask, my mind locking back into the memory of the guy that attacked me when I went to see them for the first time.

"You have to be fucking kidding me." I blurt out in disbelief.

Miranda gave me a confused look, "What?"

"Do you remember that guy I told you about when I went to see them?"

"The creep that attacked you? How could I forget?"

"Corey's new mask is exactly the same."

She shook her head, "That's not possible, they don't let anyone know what the knew masks look like until they're ready."

A horrible realization came over me at that and I hoped that I was terribly wrong. "Do you think that it might have been Corey?"

Her eyebrows scrunched together, "Why would you think he would do something like that?"

I shook my head, a frown becoming more and more prominent on my face.

"That mask almost looks the same as his old one and you told him what it looked like right?"

"Yeah..."

"Well as creepy as this sounds, maybe that's where he got the idea from. It is Corey we're talking about after all."

I just nodded as I mulled over the thought, something just didn't seem to add up. My focus is suddenly pulled away by the next thing I hear.

"So where are you guys planning on recording your next album?"

Clown is the one to take the mic this time, "Back in our home state of Iowa actually."

My jaw dropped and Miranda let out a loud squeal, "You can finally introduce me to them Ashley! Please? Pretty please?!"

"There coming back here to do an album?" I asked to no one in particular feeling shell shocked.

"It's so awesome isn't it? You'll basically get to see Corey for a whole year and I might get to meet Slipknot!"

Her fangirling was starting to bug me, there was no way I would be able to hang out with Corey as often as she seems to think. He and the rest of the band are probably going to be super busy the whole time they are here.

"So when are you guys going to be heading there?"

"Sometime in May." Clown replied.

Mine and Miranda's heads snapped to look at each other with wide eyes.