Chapter 11

Unfortunately my silent hope that Sarah wouldn't want to let Miranda and I stay at Corey's apartment didn't follow through. No, she had to be the nice person she is and agree to it. So I decided right then that I was going to come out of my bedroom as little as possible just so I wouldn't have to be around Corey. Even then I still had to see his face thanks to the posters of his band I had pinned on my walls that he had given me years ago. I groaned as I buried my face in a pillow, no matter what I did it seemed like I could never get away from Corey.

Suddenly I heard the door creak open and then a weight on the edge of my mattress.

"Who is it?" I questioned, somewhat muffled by my pillow.

"Just me." Miranda's voice answers and I feel myself instantly relax. "I'm sorry that I have to put you through all of this Ash."

I rolled over so I could look at her and shrugged, "It'll all be over soon enough. I just have to suck it up in the mean time and hide out in here."

"So are you ever going to tell me what happened this time?"

I sat up and moved to close the door before I even considered saying a word. "It happened again."

"You kissed him again?" She asked in disbelief.

I quickly shook my head, "No, he kissed me this time and a bit more."

Surprise took over her features and I quietly explained this morning's events to her.

"So do you think he was planning to have sex with you?"

I have her a look of disgust, before answering, "I don't know, he was fairly tipsy, so that means literally anything could have happened."

Out of nowhere Miranda's stomach makes a loud growling noise and I couldn't resist chuckling.

She pouted, "Hush, I'm starving."

I rolled my eyes as I patted her knee saying, "I am too, come on let's go find something."

She was quick to agree and as we stepped into the kitchen I made sure to avoid eye contact with Corey. I busied myself with making sandwiches, so Sarah wouldn't notice my unusual behavior.

"Hey can you hand me two slices of cheese?" I ask as I spread mayo on the bread.

A second later there's a tap on my arm and the cheese is being held out to me by a hand much larger than Miranda's. I move my gaze to see that it was of course Corey and I only nodded as a thank you.

"You're welcome." He tells me with an edge to his voice and that irritated me even further.

I was the only one that had the right to be mad in this moment, he had been the one that caused this. So I simply ignored him and finished up with the food. I sat at the table, gesturing for Miry to join me.

'Are you not going to talk to him?' She mouthed when no one was looking.

I just shook my head no.

"Hey babe?" Sarah called from the living room and I had to fight every fiber of my being to not roll my eyes at the pet name.

"Yeah?" He answered, finally stepping out of the kitchen.

"My mother needs my help with picking out the color schemes. Would you mind going to the grocery store for me?" She requests and when he agrees she hands him a list from her jeans pocket before adding on, "You should take them with you and grab them some food that they like. Oh and be sure to grab Miranda some prenatal vitamins, it'll help with her baby."

Miranda gave me a questioning look and I whispered, "You can go with without me, you know pretty much everything I like."

"But Ash," She whines softly, "Corey and I barely know each other, do you have any idea how awkward that will be?