79

Imagine: (this is Aaliyah's original idea) Brooke has a crush on the reader and she gets drunk at one of Montana's parties and confesses

Friday nights, typically used as an excuse to get drunk at some random house. This wasn't going to be a random house though, because you knew the owner, Montana Duke.

You guys were at the mall and just after buying drinks at the Orange Julius, Xavier pleaded you guys hit the arcade for his usual round of Pac-Man.

"Please! Come on, just one round."

Montana shakes her head, "No way. We're not children, Xav."

You stifle a giggle, and Brooke smiles at you in awe. It was somewhat the new normal. She had been looking at you like a love sick puppy since the day you two met. Which was just a couple of weeks ago.

"Go ahead, Xavier." Brooke gently shoves him towards the arcade. "We'll wait for you outside. Chet, Ray... go with him."

Ray and Chet share a look with furrowed eyebrows, Brooke wasn't the type to be pushy or bossy but when it came to defending Xavier, that was a whole different story.

He defended her anxieties, and she defended his weird obsession with Pac-Man. They were the best of friends, even if the two didn't quite know it yet.

They two men ended up trailing behind Xavier with a few groans but once they disappeared into the arcade doors, it was time to talk.

"So, what's going on with you and Xavier?" You ask, pulling Montana by her arm sleeve.

She chuckles, walking over to an empty table that was in the middle of the mall. You and Brooke follow after her and sit next to the dirty blonde.

"He's whatever I want him to be." Montana nonchalantly shrugs. "It's not official and I don't think it'll ever be more than sex."

Brooke frowns, ah a hopeless romantic. You found that quite charming, and you couldn't help but admire Brooke and her innocence.

"Does he know that?" You ask slightly curious, but slightly worried about Xavier.

She shrugs again. "I've told him plenty of times that I'm not ready to commit but he's still here so... what should I do?"

"You could be honest." Brooke says suddenly, causing you and Montana to gaze at her.

Montana doesn't say anything, neither do you, so you both go back to staring at each other. "Anyways, you still coming to my party tomorrow night? I'm sure it'll be just as crazy as it was last time."

You feel bad for ignoring Brooke, because she did make a valid point. If Montana wasn't looking for a relationship, why keep Xavier around? That wasn't fair to him.

"Yeah." You nod. "For sure. Brooke?"

Brooke looks up from the table, "Huh?"

Montana scoffs.