70

Imagine: Madison catches your sixteen year old daughter trying to sneak out. (Warning: slight homophobia)

Skylar was a good kid when she was younger

Skylar was a good kid when she was younger. She always got A's, and never missed a day of school, but recently she had been getting into loads of trouble.

You and Madison were unaware of her behavior problem until you guys were called into the principal's office to discuss why Skylar was being suspended.

The principal, Ms. Monroe, had called Madison at home and then Madison called you while you were at work and you immediately rushed over to the school.

Madison was already sitting on the bench, just outside of Ms. Monroe's office, with Skylar who had blood on her bottom lip.

"Oh, my God. What the hell happened?"

You bent down in front of Skylar to get a closer look to see if she needed medical attention, which obviously wasn't necessary but you still wanted to be sure.

"Mom, stop." Skylar pleaded.
"You're embarrassing me. I'm fine."

She truly reminded you of the way Madison used to act when you first met her but that's not exactly what you were focused on right then and there.

"Have you talked to–"

"No. She just said that we needed to get down here right away, and that something happened with Skylar but she wouldn't say. And this little booger here, isn't much of a talker today." Madison smiled at Skylar who only rolled her eyes.

You were about to open your mouth to say something but you whipped your head around to see Ms. Monroe welcoming you inside her office.

The older woman sighed and pulled out a huge file that you assumed was Skylar's. "This isn't her first time being here."

Skylar looked down to avoid your's and Madison's gaze. "So, I can only assume there was a fight because of the blood on my daughter's lip."

"Our daughter." You corrected.

"Right." Madison placed her hand on
top of your knee. "Our daughter."

Ms. Monroe cleared her throat. "Ah, yes. But before we get into the fight, I would like to talk about the rumors that are going around–"

Skylar's eyes widened just at the word "rumors," she was silently pleading her principal not to bring it up to her parents.

"There's rumors?" Your question was directed towards Skylar.

"No!" Skylar inhaled deeply, "There's no rumors going around. Let's just talk about the stupid fight, please."

Madison gave you a look before she nodded and smiled at your daughter, "Okay. About the fight?"

"Well, it occurred during lunch and some people are saying that they actually saw Skylar throw the first punch."

You could see a small smile forming on Madison's lips and you couldn't believe she was being that childish. Of course, she would be proud your daughter got into a fight.