Chapter 4: Battle Requirements

Smokescreen breathed deeply, bringing up his courage and strength to face the gladiator. Megatron speaks out to them "The relic, now." The racer speaks to his friend "2 against one, we can take him!!" Megatron then removed the newly built blade from his back and showed it to the 2 autobots. The 2 were surprised. "Ratchet, groundbridge, now!!!" Arcee coms, but they weren't fast enough. Megatron swings the blade and the 2 go flying.

            Megatron steps forward, watching them fall and land on the ground. Smokescreen got back up first and charged at Megatron. He rejects his blaster and shoots at the enemy. The warlord blocked each blast. Arcee tried the same but it didn't work.  Megatron then swung his blade and Smokescreen got knocked back once again, being pushed into a pyramid. Arcee yelled out "SMOKESCREEN!!!" It went quiet.

            The motorcycle walks away in disbelief and looks to the floor. The gladiator picks the key from off the floor and asks "What manner of treasure did Iacon send us and this time?" He lifts Arcee's helm with the tip of his sword and orders "I would slice you in 2 right now, but I need you to deliver a message. Tell Optimus Prime that if he wants this relic. He must come and claim it himself." He throws the key down and Arcee leaves through a bridge shortly after; leaving the key behind.

            As Megatron was wondering around, looking for a spot to wait at, he heard a feint gasping sound. He turns to where Smokescreen was thrown into to see that a hole was blown through. He thought nothing of it and turned away. "it's a suffering autobot. What do I care?" Megatron says, pushing it down. He gripped the blade tight, involuntary. He sets it on his back and finds a spot. "I will wait for Optimus here. Hopefully he doesn't disappoint..."

            Back at the autobot base, Arcee explained what happened "And then Smokescreen was just... gone. Like he turned to dust...." Bulkhead whines "Poor kid...." Ratchet comforts the femme "Arcee, do not blame yourself, it could have just been as easily you..." bulkhead ejects his blaster and growls "Well I say we go claim a piece of Megatron's metal hide!!" "=<I'm with you, Bulk! For Smokescreen!!>=" Bee adds. Prime stops them "No." he turns around "we have already lost one of our own today, I will not risk more lives...."  He begins to walk over to sickbay "given what Arcee witnessed, it stands to reason that Megatron now possesses might to equal the Star Saber; which means only I have a chance of recovering the Omega Key."

         Ratchet adds "The fate of Cybertron rests upon its retrieval." Bulkhead joins in "Whether Megatron knows it or not....."  And with that, Optimus left for the same location as Arcee and Smokescreen did before.