Chapter 35: A Dragon And His Boy

Another few days went by and they were back on track to fighting the autobots, except Shockwave and Megatron had something for Smokescreen.

The rookie walks in to hear Shockwave say "If the autobots attack on one of our later missions, we'll have a surprise waiting for them.... Won't we?" He heard Smokescreen enter and turned to him. The bot didn't know what they were talking about..... Megatron turns to the bot "Smokescreen, we'd like you to fight along side us." The bot was shocked but agreed "Yes, Lord Megatron! I will do my best!" His old attitude barked.

Megatron takes the weapon from his scientist and holds it to Smokescreen "This sword might help you. It's a replica of my own." The rookie took it from his hand and observed it, gliding his servo across the blade. "It feels like refined energon." He states. Megatron says "It's a dark star saber. We've found that the dark matter itself combined with a few different things is capable of the same things that a dark star saber built by the Forge is. For simpler matters, your sword is the same as mine but yours wasn't constructed from the Forge. It was by hand."

The rookie jolts it down, feeling the weight and accidentally activated something and jumps back. The warlord laughs "It's also duel bladed so you won't have to worry about holding it wrong." Smokescreen smiles and looks up to his boyfriend "I will show those bots what I'm truly capable of!!" Megatron smiles "Indeed you will."

Smokescreen went off to train with it in the training room while Shockwave was now working on a Predacon bone find. Megatron and Starscream being with him. About a few hours later, Megatron comes to him and watches him train. He was surprised on how far he was already. After a few minutes, the leader calls out "Smokes! Come here for a second." Smokescreen makes his way over and the gladiator compliments him "Excellent work on your fighting skills. You seem better than how you were as an autobot." Smokescreen laughs "Well i didn't have a sword when I was with them." The warlord chuckles and goes on "Anyways, the predacon returned—" Smokescreen took no time and ran out the door to go find him. He was so excited he ran into a few walls on the way.

He gets to the top and calls out "PREDACON!!!" The dragon roars happily and walks over. He picks the bot up with his snout as the racer hugs him. Starscream yells in anger "Oh so you'll move for the ex-autobot and not me? A commanding officer!!!??" Predaking turns to Starscream and growls. He then purrs as he turns away, cuddling Smokescreen. Megatron finally got to the top out of breath and stopped in the doorway, taking a breath. "Well well.... Seems you 2 are already best friends..." Predaking set the rookie down and then roared happily in agreement.

Another few minutes later, Starscream and Megatron had both left. Starscream was grabbing something, Megatron had to work. With Predaking, Smokescreen was laying with him, both resting comfortably. Smokescreen enjoyed the sounds of Predaking. The snoring, purring, clicks; it was all new things he hadn't heard. And to be blind and listen, even cooler. He couldn't wait to see again and to finally see Predaking for the first time. The dragon bot moved a bit, bringing Smokescreen closer to him. The rookie falls back against the reptiles other front leg and the predacon just lays his head back down on him. Smokescreen groaned and snorted "Buddy! I can't breath!" He laughs as he tried to push his massive head off. He shortly gives up and lays back against his claw, looking up to the ceiling.

And then came Starscream.... The seeker walks over to them from the doorway in the apex armor and says "Okay.... Now in you go!" He didn't have a care in the world that the 2 were enjoying a peaceful rest. The predacon stands up and pulls the racer to the side with his mouth and then screeches at Starscream. The con taunts him before the dragon bot grabs him in his mouth and swings him around before throwing him at a wall. Smoke bursts out laughing and nearly falls to the ground. Starscream got a call from Megatron but the racer was too busy laughing to hear it.