Chapter 9: Forest Fire

Minutes later, the next set is decoded. "The next coordinates are ready." Prime announces. Ratchet adds "There remains one set left to decode." He launches the bridge. Bulkhead pounds his fists "On it boss." "I'm gonna bring back that key!" Smokes exclaims. He shyly connects gazes with Prime. The leader mouths to him "You better." Smokescreen saw him turn the blade on his back. His reflection showed bright, the scratch marks on the blade crossed over his neck on his reflection. The rookie shutters and begins walking.

       Arcee stops them "Uh, Bulk?" Said bot turns around. The femme continues "Forgetting something?" The wrecker sighs and walks forward to grab the locator. As he takes it, Cee grabs his wrist, pulling him back she looked deeper into his eyes and said "Make sure you keep an eye on Destiny's child, okay?" Bulkhead turned to see Smokescreen at the entrance of the bridge, waiting nervously. Bulkhead says "I doubt anything bad'll happen, but compared to watching Miko? Piece of cake." He turns on his heel and leaves with the freedom colored mech.

              The 2 arrive in a forest. The leaves were a bright orange and red color with a bit of yellow amongst them. It complemented the lush green ground. Such a sight it was. The autobots held their blasters out, ready for anything. Bulkhead warns the kid "Stay close, Stay focused." Without turning, freedom fighter says "Got it." Bulkhead snaps at him "I mean it." Smokescreen stutters back "M-me too!"

         A rattling pair of footsteps caught their attention. "SSH!" Bulk quiets him. It went very silent. Smokes then asks "What is that?" A tree was heard falling and they turn to see Dreadwing push a tree out of the way of his path and down to the ground, littering the floor with its leaves. "One of the last sounds, that you will ever here!" He calls to them. His master coms him immediatly "Remember what I said, if you see Smokescreen, feel free to engage but do not harm him. Capture him if you must, but secure the relic first!!" Dreadwing huffs "Will do, my liege." The com hangs up.

             "Dreadwing..." Bulkhead breaths. Said bot transforms into his flashy F-35 alt and speeds down after them. The 2 grounders jump out of the way and the jet con flies through the trees and into the Honey colored sky. The bots stand up, unharmed and Bulkhead questions the sudden beeping. His optics catch on a blue and yellow shuriken attached to a nearby tree. It was a bomb! Scratch that, the beeping came from all around them. It was many bombs!!!  Bulk turns to his buddy and pushes him forward "We gotta get outta here, now!!!" He exclaims.

          As they begin running, everything blows up around them. One by one, tree by tree, meter by meter, bright orange lights from explosions and flames beemed outwards. The forest was no longer a beautiful sight to behold.

          At the last bang, they tripped and tumbled down a smoked hill. They stand up as Dreadwing returns from the smoke filled sky, landing on a burning tree. From what his master said earlier, Dreadwing's plan was to capture Smoekscreen, knock out or killl Bulkhead, grab the relic and return to the ship. Let's see how his plan works out, shall we?

              Bulkhead calls to his buddy "Smoke, I'll handle Dreadwing! Go get the relic!!" He tosses the scanner and Smokes calls back "You got it!" He runs off and Dreadwing goes to run after the racer but the wrecker grabs his attention "You love doing your dirty work from a distance. Don't ya? Too bad you don't have the ball bearings to fight up close in personal!" Because of his rivalry with Wheeljack, he forgot his plan and switched to wanting to fight the wrecker "In this particular case, I will be all too happy to make an exception."

         He jumps off his ledge and lands on the ground, pushing Bulkhead's weapon away from him. He spins around the wrecker, placing a bomb on his backplate. The wrecker tries once again to hit him but the seeker was too smart and jumped backwards, avoiding the blow. He hits the bot's shoulders with his fists, but Bulkhead charged him backwards into a tree. The con hits him away but takes a smack to the side of his face directly after. Bulk punches and then shoots Dreadwing's stomach, throwing him back once again, causing him to break a tree and hit his back on a dirt hill, sliding down it.

         He retracts his weapons as Dreadwing stands up to fight once again "An admirable effort, but you obviously forgot how our last encounter ended..." the seeker says, flipping his detonator open. Bulkhead replies "No I didn't..." Dreads quickly found out that the bomb was now on his own back.  He managed to grab it and throw the bomb off of him, but it was too late. The blast threw him back, knocking him out. Bulk says into his com "Smoke, I'm on my way!"

            At the time he called, Smokescreen was already digging for the relic. He uncovers the pod, unaware of the bot behind him and removes the key from it. He admires the item in his hand and smiles "Destiny." He's suddenly hit from behind and he falls forward, falling unconscious from the hard blow and fall.