Chapter 39: Bots Vs Humans

They continue to try every 5 minutes. It didn't work. "Knockout and S.S. to base requesting groundbridge for the umpteenth time. Come in base." The medic says, clearly tired and stressed out. "Oh, I can't drive around all night—" he heard an alarm go off and saw Fowler climbing out of his trunk and into his cab. The man grabs his wheel and turns it. Smokescreen fell back yelling "Knockout what's happening!!!??" Said con sped away and Smoke tried to catch up to check what was wrong. He heared his tires squeeling and then his transformation and then pede steps.

          The rookie transforms and walks over to them as Knockout growls to the human "Did I say grand, I meant totally rude." He yells in pain as Fowler sprays pepper spray into his eyes "AHH!! MY OPTICS!!!" He drops Fowler and Smokescreen tries to grab the man but misses. He continued searching but lost him. "I lost the human. Are you okay?" He asks. Knockout answers "Can hardly see straight. Is this how you feel?" Smokescreen remarks "I saw my own energon and darkness but that's it." As the con rubs his eyes, he suggests "Try taking that visor off. Maybe you'll see a bit better. Smokescreen nods and removes it. He could see very blurred surroundings; Worse than what Knockout could see. Not to mention a long gash across his vision from an old cut by Optimus.

(Similar to what he sees)                    "Still can't see anything but this gash

"Still can't see anything but this gash." Smoke comments, pointing to the mark across his eyes. Knockout nods "Split up. And be very careful. We don't want to squish them or the talon." Smokescreen nods, puts his visor in his subspace and begins walking around. KO calls out "OOH are we playing a human game now? Because I would be happy to teach you the decepticon version: Hide and go shreak!!" He cackles and the rookie shakes his head, laughing at the predicament and what Knockout was doing. The racer taps the ground every so often as he normally does. Seeing the blurred surroundings were also a bit of help since he could see big objects.

It was clearing up a bit now that he didn't have anything covering his eyes also his optics could focus.

As Fowler was running, He stopped as Smokescreen and him crossed paths. Smokescreen turned one way and then the other, not seeing Fowler who stood still. He looks directly at him and then goes that way. Agent Fowler was frightened yet confused that Smokescreen wasn't changing expression. He stayed still, even when the rookie stepped over him and passed him completely before calling out "Hey, you find anything?" Knockout replies "Not yet. You?" Smokescreen shakes his head "These humans are pretty good at hiding." Fowler quietly steps away before running off.

The human calls silently for the other one but it signaled the wrong person. "Found one!" Smoke alerts, grabbing the man before he could get away. As the human squirmed in his grasp, he asks "So, you're one that goes off sound?" The racer replies "and vibration when I tap my feet. I find it to work in confined spaces. This place doesn't work for me well. And also I don't entirely go off of it. I'm using it to my advantage since your friend Prime cut across my eyes." He points to the mark. Fowler remarks "That's why you couldn't see me.... I'll tell you're buddies that trick of yours. What's you're name?" The rookie replies "Can't say." Agent Fowler knew he couldn't crack the con. Knockout meets up with Smoke who held the man "Great job, now.... ALRIGHT LITTLE LADY, SHOW YOURSELF, or we turn the snappy dresser here into a sloppy stain on the tarmac."

They both walk around for a bit. Smoke had given the man to KO to hold on as he looked around. Knockout calls out "Last chance, she human! If you're not out here with our prize in 2.3 seconds, your boyfriend here...." He heard the engine of a train and looked to see June Darby standing there with a box. She shouts "Okay first! Not my boyfriend, and second, you're not laying a metal digit on him!" She throws the box down and it breaks open, showing that it was empty. "Not if you ever want to see your precious talon again." Knockout runs over to her and snatches her up. "WHERE IS IT!!??" He demands. Smoke looked over in the distance, still hearing the train. He puts his blind visor back on and chases after it, without needing another word.

Agent Fowler growls "Leave her alone!" June answers "I hid it on a train car. Let us go and I'll tell you which one." Knockout growls and got ready to crush them but he got a com "hey, pipe dragger, Our train left the station! Let's go already!!" Knocks was confused at first but he then understood "Oh really?" He looks to the humans "Try as you might, but you can't con a con." He then transforms and drives after Smokescreen and the run away train.