Chapter 32: Bots And Cons

Smokescreen ran so fast and didn't stop. He needed to hide. He got to the warship and ran to one of the levels and hid in some kind of berthroom. It was big. He didn't know who's it was. He hid under the berth which had enough space for his alt to slide under. He turned his engine off along with his lights.

Smoke heard the non stop explosions outside and it scared him even more. "Make it stop...." He begged. He repeated it over and over until it went quiet. He sighs heavily and closes his eyes, possibly to fall asleep.

At the new autobot base the autobots were partying about their win. Then Jack realized that his race buddy wasn't there. "Guys! I get that we just stopped the cons from taking over and destroying the world.... For now... but... where is Smokescreen?" Everyone looked to him and then gasps. "Who?" Magnus asked. Arcee explains "Smokescreen. He was one of our new recruits. Always getting into trouble. Never followed protocol... uh... sir. He must have gotten captured...." Ultra goes on "I did not see him. I checked every cell on my way to the fusion cannon control room. Perhaps he has not made his way to our signals yet. Bumblebee and Arcee? Did you check the warship's cells?" Bumblebee beeps "=<We did, commander Magnus.... Sir>=" Bulkhead speaks up "Then he's still with the cons somewhere! We have to go help him! Save him!!"

Optimus stops them "There is no hope of rescuing him. Megatron.... Has killed him. I was tracking our compatriot to join up and find the rest of you.... but, when I got there... he was lying on the ground with mere seconds of life left in him... I... was not equipped to help him." Miko asks "How do you know it was Megatron?" The leader remarks "I saw his jet mode fly over as I was nearing Smokescreen." Ultra Magnus vents "That is the same that happened on my journey to earth. I reunited with autobots only to see them fall at decepticon hands. I knew that the chances were.... I wasn't the only one seeing it."

Back at the warship, Smokescreen woke up to the sound of a door opening. He rolled back a bit, but heard a familiar set of pedes. He rolls forward as the mech turned and sat on his berth. Smokescreen rolled to the edge of the berth and heard the mech vent "Smokescreen should come out eventually.... Or one of my soldiers will find him..... I hope he's safe."

He picked up his pede and accidentally stepped on the racers hood, causing him to yelp "Ow!!!" Megatron was shocked and got off the berth, then kneeling down. "Smokescreen? Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry." The race car rolled out and transformed, dusting off the bottom of his chassis where his hood was located. "Please be careful next time. That really hurt." He whines. Megatron nods and pulls him close, hugging him. Smokescreen nuzzles into Megatron but shortly breaks away.

"Smokescreen—" "what did you mean by that?" The racer sternly asked. Megatron was scared "By what, Smokey?" The rookie goes on "You said that you couldn't help the violence. He was autobot, you're a decepticon. And it's how we are...." The gladiator nods "I did say that but what are you going at?" Smokescreen's shoulders fall "That didn't stop you from saving me." The decepticon tried to reason "Well..... I.... Look. Magnus wasn't tortured by Prime In secret. You were. That's why I changed my mind."The racer calms "So... there's exceptions?" Megatron nods "Indeed." "And... also, did you mean that? When you said fire at the nearest city?" The gladiator sputters "No.... Honestly I didnt. It's just a scare tactic for autobots. A lot of cons know that."