Chapter 5: The Gladiator And The Rookie

Optimus arrived at the battle and was surprised to see Megatron's arm and blade. Their battle commenced and Optimus was able to grab the Omega key and leave by himself. Without the help of Smokescreen at all. Megatron was highly confused now. He then saw the phase shifter on the ground. He walked over and picked it up. Part of the attachment system was broken. He remembered breaking something off of Prime's arm. Was this what it was?

           Megatron walks over to the pyramid, now to find out what was making the noise. He found Smokescreen, laying on his side. Rubble around him, dents and scars scattered across his frame. Energon was also leaking from his side. The gladiator stepped into the building and walked over. Smokescreen looked to him, without fear or worry in his eyes. The racer tried to push himself up but the taller mech set his saber tip on his injury. Smokescreen winced and in return, Megatron shoved the blade into him. Smokescreen fell back, moaning and whining in pain. The gladiator smirked, seeing his suffering.

         Then, his smile slowly died and he removed the sword. He dropped it on the ground and lifted Smokescreen up. He set him against a wall and lifted his helm. "What do you want?" The racer asked. Megatron responds "Nothing really." The autobot laughed "Oh really? After that?" His smirk left "Actually come to think of it, you do kill without reason." He looked down and the gladiator slid his servo from under the bot's chin to around his throat.

            Smokescreen closed his eyes and waited for the decepticon to snap his neck or crush his windpipe..... but he didn't. He felt something, which stopped him. He removed his servo and tilted the bot's helm. A metal shard was shown on the side of his neck. Megatron removed it, causing the racer to whine. He examined it closely. "I'll have Knockout identify this blade when I get back. But for now...." He grabbed his sword and held it to Smokescreen's chassis. The rookie laid back and awaited his time to go. Mega gripped the handle tightly and the sword shook in his grasp. He then raised it, and yelled out, throwing it aside.

         Smokescreen looked to the sword and then back at Megatron, who's servo was outstretched "Stand up." Smokescreen grabbed his servo and did so. The gladiator took the sword from off the ground once more and set it on his back. Megatron grabbed the back of his enemy's armor and pushes him forward "You're going back to your base. I'll tell you that much. Soundwave, groundbridge. And no, I am not bringing aboard a prisoner. I am sending him back once he is repaired." "R-repaired?" Smokes thought. Did he hear Megatron correctly?

             A bridge opens and the gladiator pushes him through. They get to sickbay and Knockout was astonished. "Fix him." The leader commands. Knockout argues "But, master! He's an autobot!!" "That doesn't change anything." Megatron growled. "You will do as you're told and never tell anyone else about this." Knockout nods and taps a berth for him. Megatron nudges him forward and the racer nervously walks over, and sits down on the berth.

          The medic was astound at the damage "Pretty brutal side injury." He gets to work, cleaning the wound and doing all the necessary protocols. Megatron stayed and watched to insure that Smokescreen and Knockout alike wouldn't try anything. Once finished with the injury, Smokescreen tried to slide off, but the con stopped him "Ah, buh buh buh!! Sit. I'm not finished with you yet." Smokescreen lays back. Knockout grabs a buffer "Not that I care about you personally but I'm not letting you leave without a fixed finish." He comments. Smokescreen vents.

            As Megatron said, Smokescreen left the ship unharmed, he was confirmed and showed that he didn't have some kind of tracker or anything so Smokescreen took it as a "Go on." He even got his phaseshifter back. Smokescreen coms base, shortly after "Hey.... Ratch? Mind if I.... Get a groundbridge?" Smokes heard everyone's voices. They were shocked and relieved that he was alive. Without hesitation, a bridge opened up.

         Smokes walked through and was immediately hugged by Arcee "I thought you died!" She whined. Smokescreen patted her shoulder. "I'm fine. Don't worry." Ratchet ordered him over to sickbay for an examination. "How did you survive?" He asked. Smokes answered "I... may have... borrowed the phase shifter." "Again!?" The medic questioned. Smokescreen half lies "G-good thing too. The blast hit me like a wrecking ball. The impact must have activated the shifter. I don't know how long I was unconscious, but when I made my way back outside, everyone was gone." Bulkhead answers "Well we sure are glad that you're alive." "Thanks, Bulk." The racer replies. The wrecker nods happily in return.