Chapter 36: First Con Mission

The next thing that happened, Smokescreen was asked—- no.... TOLD by Starscream to go with Predaking to one of the excavation sights to check and retrieve a bone. What Megatron said was "Ask Smokescreen if he would like to go with. But that's his decision. Not yours or mine.... Or the predacons" Starscream insisted on it, scaring Smokescreen a bit and making him think the cons didn't want him on the ship. So he got on Predaking and they flew away.

           During the flight, Smokescreen asks the dragon "Hey, predacon? I don't know your name.... So.... Ima call you.... Let's see, you're a predacon... you're the first one I've been around so you might be alpha of them. You seem tall.... How about Predaking? You know.... Like Predacon king?" The dragon roars in agreement. Smokes then says "Do you think the cons want me off the ship?" Predaking growls, denying it. The racer then thought about Megatron and his past actions; all he ever was was nice to him. He never pushed him away, yelled at him or even hurt—- INTENTIONALLY hurt him.... And meant it going forward. "Maybe it's just Starscream...." The rookie confirms. Predaking growls lowly at the thought of the seeker. He agreed with what Smokescreen was saying completely! He felt the same, except he had more doubt about the fact of them not wanting him. He knew that he was created by a decepticon and they were quite amazed to see him, so why would they kick him off that quick? Not to mention Megatron offered Smokescreen to change time and time again. Sometimes not even asking but just flat out being nice.

            They soon land and Smokescreen felt the wind stop and Predaking go still. He slides off the creature's back and lands on the ground "Thanks for the ride, Buddy!" The racer says, rubbing the predacon's neck. Predaking purrs in affirmation and stops Smokescreen from going into the cave. He taps the ground behind the rookie, telling him to stay back and he goes in himself. Smokescreen stood outside, waiting for what to do. He heard the beast roar as he ran through the cave that lied infront of him. He walked over and felt the wall of the cliff. He was careful to climb it and eventually got to the top. He tapped the ground, feeling for vibrations and found a huge metal mass near him.

           The rookie walks over and soon bumps his head on a landing leg. "Carrier Frag—" he nearly swears. He puts his servo on it and then feels how far up it was. He grabbed his sword out and lightly dragged it along the ship's hull, feeling it. He then activates a button and an elevator comes down. He gets in it and it takes him up. "Okay, if this is a craft, I need to be careful. Some systems could be here and I wouldn't know what they are. He lightly feels the area until he finds the controls. He runs a digit over it, feeling an autobot symbol. He then quickly got out of it.

        Next thing that happened, 3 pairs of pede steps landed near him. "Keep your optics peeled. They could be anywhere." Starscream's voice comes. Smokescreen asks "I thought it was just me and the predacon." Starscream growls, remembering that he was also here. "Move aside, autobot." He orders. Smokescreen counters "I'm a decepticon!" The seeker responds "You WERE an autobot..." one of the silver seekers pull him away to talk to him. "Smokescreen, don't let him get on your nerves. Trust me." The racer nods "Understood. Can't believe he's still at that thing about me being an autobot. I'm one of YOU now! Aren't I?" The silver jet nods "Indeed. Megatron approved!" He walks away to go back to Starscream. Smokescreen decided to walk around. He found out how to climb the ship and he got on the roof, then going over to the cockpit and knocking. He didn't know if they could see him but he still waved. One of the silver bots comed him from inside the craft "We see you! I'm waving back." Smokescreen replies "I wish I could see you!"

         He turns back onto his back and sits down, feeling the breeze. It was a cold gentle wind. When Smokescreen heard his fellow cons leave the ship and begin talking. He jumped down to meet up. When he landed, it scared the scrap out of Starscream. "WARN ME NEXT TIME!!!" He growls. Smokescreen stands back up and the silver jets say in the rookie's defense "He didn't know it would scare you. Leave the kid alone."

           Starscream ignores and continues his earlier conversation "Anyways, it was a challenge but I manage to tame the savage beast. Taught it to heed my every command." Smokescreen cocks a ridge "I'm not so sure about that. He seems to hate you as I far as I'm concerned...." One of the other cons ask "You're not wearing the armor to protect yourself from it?" Smokescreen's doors lower "It's a he...." He growls. No one heard him. The slim seeker goes on "From my beloved pet? Of course not! In fact it's getting rather warm in here..." he takes the armor off and sets it down. "Ah, ventilation." He says shaking from side to side to get the air through him. Smokescreen agrees "It's one of the good things on this planet." Starscream states "For once in a lifetime, I agree with you." The racer goes on "You've never known me until we met up that one time and I kicked you out of this armor...."

           The seeker mocks him "Ah yes, how could I forget? That pain when your foot hit my chassis and sent me out of the armor. I didn't even know that was possible!! You frighten me." Smokescreen confirms "Good. I should. I am closest to our leader after all." Starscream faces him "Only because he's saving to kill you himself." The rookie stepped back, shocked. "H-he wouldn't! H-he kissed me! Lord Megatron told me I'm his sparkmate! He'd never hurt me...." The silver jets agree. Starscream just shuddered at the statement. "Ugh.... Relationships..."

              Smokescreen soon heard Predaking roaring out of distress and he ran off. Without realizing, he ran past and in front of Miko. "Smokescreen?" She asks, turning to him. She watches as he jumps down into the hole of the cavern.

                   The racer scales the wall and soon lands on the floor, next to the dazed Autobots. "Predaking! You okay?" He asks. Just then, Wheeljack's voice comes "Hey!! Hothead!!" He was referring to the predacon. The beast turns to him and gets ready to fire as the wrecker throws a grenade at his open mouth. Smokescreen takes out his sword and throws it, hitting the grenade away from his friend's open mouth and making the item hit the wall, bounce off a few before rolling to a stop on the ground near the other 2 autobots.