Chapter 14: A Con's Prisoner

Smokescreen shortly awoke to Knockout's face. Now that they were back to true enemies, the medic got time to joke around with him "Wakey, wakey." He says. Smokescreen gasps and tries to break out of the bonds that kept him to the berth. He grits his dentas and glares back at Knockout. The medic states "If you're looking for your phase shifter," he whips his arm up "Finders keepers." He taunts.

              The gladiator snaps "Enough prattling, Knockout." He calmly takes a breath and looks back to Smokescreen "I'm gonna say this lightly given what you experienced about 10 minutes ago."  The racer cocked a ridge. He had no memory of it. He forgot. Megatron continues anyways, not noticing what facial expression change shown on the kids face. "Hand me the final Iacon relic and we will let you go. That's all we want and will do." Smokescreen responds "Doubt that, and plus; I really can't help you anyways. That's the only one I was packing." He finishes, gesturing to his old wrist aesthetic which was placed upon his rival.

          Megatron turns to his CO "Soundwave?" Said bot steps forward and shows the autobot his discovery recording. Smokes comments "You got the wrong guy, chief. Optimus Prime's the only one who can decode the Iacon database." The warlord was getting stressed. He mumbles "And apparently the only one who remembers that traitorous event I had to take part of. *ahem* anyways; you misunderstand. The final entry has been decoded by us, and according to our findings, it would appear I do indeed have the right guy." Soundwave shows the final picture and the rookie went silent.

              Knockout grabs his attention "The question is, what is it that you are still packing." He hovers the X-ray board over Smokescreen until he finds it directly. He cackles "Why, hidden treasure of course!"

            He displays his findings on a nearby screen for his liege to see "Yet another of these identical relics? Remove it swiftly." He orders his medic. Knocks replies "With pleasure." He ejects his saw "I do so resent a finish flashier than my own." He steps to the racer and slowly brings his saw closer. Smokes started struggling, trying to get away from the spinning blade. Knockout pulled away, retracting his saw and laughing "Heh ha. Made ya squirm." Smokes looked to Knockout in shock. He was truly scared out of his mind. "You jerk..." he says in his head as he knew Knockout might re-eject and do what he thought initially.

             The doctor shows what the phase shifter could do that he didn't know. He pushed his hand through his arm a few times "Trippy..." he comments. He then looks down, stomping his feet. "And intuitive. Proper grounding insures that it's user won't phase through the floor." Knockout states. His master snaps once more "I said, swiftly!!" Knockout does as he is told. He reaches into Smokescreen's chassis and moves his servo around to find the handle of the key. Smokescreen groans "Get your stinkin hand out of my gears!" As the bot wrestled uncomfortably, the con continues "And~~ got ya." He removes it, pulling Smokescreen a bit upwards. The bot flops back down once it was removed.

          Megatron looks to Smoke and orders "Tel me the function of these relics." Smokescreen tried to hide his fear "Doorstops, shavers, bling, beats me." Knockout grunts "Hm, a pity this little gadget won't allow me to just reach into his brainpan and pluck out the info." The warlord counters "Fortunately, we possess a device that can."