Chapter 42: Smokeshard

He grabs his scanner and Smoke lays on the berth. The medic brings his scanner up and down him "Okay, I'm not seeing anything yeeeeee- wait a minute...." The scanner starts beeping and KO stood shocked "My my, Smokescreen." The racer turns to him "What, what is it?" "You're going to have a kid. You're sparked." Smokescreen got an amazing sense of joy and whined happily, covering his mouth and kicking his legs.

KO laughs "Heh heh, now calm down Smokescreen. We don't want to harm the kid, now do we?" Smoke shakes his helm and calms down "I better start thinking of names...." The medic states "I'd advise you get to your room. Megatron will come looking for you." Smoke nods and leaves immediately. Knockout smiled and shook his helm "Let's just hope he can keep em alive."

Smokes was running but soon ran out of breath. He stopped and began to walk, panting from the run. He hears a voice "Smokescreen, there you are." He turns and is met with Megatron. The bot kneels to him "Knockout told me you wanted to tell me something." Smokescreen nods, smiling. He points to his chassis "listen closely." Megatron laughed lightly "It's funny how he wants me to listen to his spark. I don't mind it but I do love hearing it beat, signaling he's alive." He thought. He presses his helm against it, listening to his fast spark "You we're running I can tell." He comments. Smoke remarks "Not that! It's something else." He taps his own chassis and a tap on the inside is returned. "Was that an echo?" Megatron asks. Smokescreen shakes his helm "No.... we're parents." That hit the gladiator hard. He stood up and looked into the bots covered eyes "W-we are?" Smokescreen nods and Megatron holds back everything so he can be as gentle as possible. He picks up Smokescreen carefully and holds his helm to his sparkmate's chassis, listening to the kid's kicking on Smokescreen's spark chamber the whole way to their berthroom.

They get into bed and Megatron holds his hand on the rookie's chest, tapping it every so often, earning a light kick in return from the sparkling. Megatron kisses Smokescreen "That was so fast. I wasn't expecting them to come this early...." Smokescreen nods and yawns. The warlord gives him an energon cube and he downs it quick. They shortly fall asleep with each other, their figures close.

Almost 3 months goes by of them, resettling after the whole outbreak. Megatron lands at a cave with Starscream and then walks in with him. The seeker thought he was about to die but it was just to get to Shockwave's laboratory. Knockout came in with synthen and the predacon transformed, which they were surprised about.

When they were about to return to the ship, Predaking hears something "What was that?" He looks to find the giggling, turning everywhere. The bot on his back laughed and laughed. Megatron then got nervous "Oh, goodness, apologies, Predaking." He picks up the half sized mech and the litttle guy laughs. "Don't climb on him again. You understand me?" Megatron asks lightly, poking the little bot with his claw. The kid laughs and squeals, grabbing his servo "Whatever, daddy!" He chirps. Megs smiles "Yes, Smokeshard, now let's go back to the ship, I'm nervous on how you even got here."

He turns, setting the bot on his shoulder. The kid jumps off and the bots try to catch him but he transforms and zooms between Knockout and Shockwave, then flying around Megatron and landing on the ground infront of him with a thud. Starscream was about to laugh when Smokeshard hit the ground. Megatron covered his own mouth in terror. The kid just looks up innocently and laughs. "Hard head." Knockout remarks. The warlord nods, still scared "I-indeed." He picks up his son and holds him securely in his arms until they get back to the ship.

When they get there, Smokescreen was waiting "Sorry, Megs, he escaped on me while we were playing hide and seek." Starscream cocks a ridge "Hide and seek with a kid and a blind parent? No wonder you lost him." Smokescreen growls, looking to him "I'm partially now. I can see you fine, it's just a bit blurred and the gash is still a bit bad but it's healing." He takes his son in his arms and sets him next to him, beginning to walk with him. "Hey dad! I've been learning new tricks with my sword!" Smokeshard starts swinging it and twisting in the air.

The bots walked for a bit, Shockwave and Knockout both adoring the little thing. Smokeshard then fell on his back and groaned "I'm still trying to do a backflip and catch my sword in a back handed catch." Smokescreen helps him up and they run to his room. "Now, don't you leave. I've been up all night with you. Time to go to bed." His parent tells him. Smokeshard whines "Aw! But I don't wanna go to sleep! I'm not tired at all! See!?"

He begins jumping on the bed, spinning around. Smokescreen yawns "Yes, I know but young bots like you need their sleep. You're killing your systems, Smokeshard. I'll tell you what, when you get up you can have all the fun you want." The kid stops "And Papa can teach me how to backflip transform!?" His father kisses him "Yes." "And how to take down enemies with a single blow!?" "It's takes more than a single blow but yes. That too. BUT ONLY if you go to bed." The boy ran around and then hopped down into a laying position, pulling the covers over him shouting "Okay! Okay! Okay! I'll go to bed! Now leave! I got to get to bed! The faster I go to sleep, the sooner I get to have fun with dad!" Smokescreen laughs and says "Alrighty then." He pats his son's leg and kisses his forehead one more time before walking away. Smoke turns off the lights and says "Goodnight, sleep tight, don't let the scraplets bite. Because they are VICIOUS!" He laughs and closes the door, leaving his kid to sleep.

"How is my favorite warlord?" Smokescreen asks, entering the bridge. Megatron laughs "Good, how's the most beautiful mech on my ship?" "I dunno, you tell me." The racer throws back at him. Megs laughs again and picks up his racer "You know, you don't always have to pick me up." "I know but I don't care." Megatron tells him. He kisses his racer passionately and then asks "How's our kid doing?" "He's taking a nap." The warlord smiles "Glad to know. He needs his rest." They go back to their berthroom and Smokescreen gets an energon cube ready for his son later on as Megatron watches his kid. He brings his hand down to the mech and rubs the boy's arm. He watched his servos, making sure not to hurt him accidentally. His sharp and strong claws were so tough that he didn't recognize how strong he was. He watched Smokeshard's movement because he knew if he was pressing too hard, the kid would move with his claws. He brings his digits up and rubs his son's cheek.

In his sleep, the kid grabbed his father's claw, holding it delicately. Megatron's surprised face softened as he smiled. He vents "His hands are so small~." Smokescreen agrees "Indeed, honey. About half the size of mine."

When Smokeshard awoke a few hours later, he jumped up and ran to his father's office to look for him "I'm up! Now dad—- dad?" He then ran out into the hallway and passed vehicons and Eradicons alike, looking for Megatron. He then shortly found him with Predaking "I'm up, papa! Can you teach me how to back flip transform, now!?" The leader of the cons laughs "Yes, in a bit." "Not in a bit, Now! Come on!" Smokeshard whines, jumping up and down. The warlord chuckles "You just woke up, we can't now—"

Then suddenly, Starscream runs in and says "Lord Megatron! It seems Project Predacon has fallen into autobot hands!" Smokeshard questions "Who's autobot?" Megatron went go answer but the predacon next to him growls "How is this possible!? The leader then says "Autobot is the team we are up against, they aren't an individual. Starscream! Scramble your seeker armada!" Scream runs off "At once my liege!" But Predaking insisted that he go "No! If my brethren are imperiled, I will confront the enemy!" "Perfect! I'll go with!" Smokeshard cheers, running the direction that Starscream was going. Predaking ran after him "Maybe you should stay here with your father." He says, lifting him up and placing him behind him. "But I wanna see you destroy them! I'll learn fighting techniques too!" His dad argued "Not this time, Shard. Another time." Smoke whines "Aww, okay." He walks off to his dad's room, his doors down. Predaking then runs off by himself.