Chapter 6: Blade Piece

That night, Optimus was in his office. He heard a voice "I thought you took it away!!" "I did!!" He growls. He stands up and walks into the middle of the room. A shadow appears behind him "How did he get it back!!??" The voice asks. Prime shrugs "I—- I don't know." The shadow materializes and says "Megatron wouldn't have just grabbed it off the ground, fixed it and returned it to him..... unless....." "unless what?" Prime asks. The shadow answers "I thought my brother was destroyed. So help me if Ray found Megatron already, the plan is done for." Optimus steps back. The shadow looked to him again "Kill Smokescreen the first chance you have. No exceptions!" The leader nods and the darkness fades back into Prime's shadow

              Back on the warship, Megatron was laying on his berth, staring at the ceiling in disbelief at his own actions. He actually helped an autobot. The war mongering psychopath helped and trusted an autobot. "How stupid am I? Was it truly the right thing?" He asked himself. He knew that there was going to be another mission soon so he had to plan. Megatron thought about it and then realized that he still had the blade piece he found lodged in Smokescreen's throat. He sat up and took it from his sub space, immediately leaving the room to go to sickbay.

        "Knockout." He called. The medic wasn't expecting the visit so it scared him. "Y-yes, my liege?" Knockout questions, still shook from his masters sudden and immediate entrance to the room. Megatron held out the piece of the blade to Knockout. He took it and asked "Where did you get this?" Megatron answers "Smokescreen. It was lodged in the side of his throat." Knockout nods and sets it on an examination table. He then scans it and a quick outline of a familiar blade appeared. Knockout stepped back. Megatron hisses "So Optimus Prime is harming him? This changes so much...."

           The warlord goes to the bridge and asks "Soundwave, cue the audio visual. I wish to address the troops." Soundwave facepalmed. Megatron was concerned. His officer explains how Starscream has said the same thing before. Megatron tilts his helm back in disgust "Frag's sake. Just do it Soundwave!" The silent mech does so. The gladiator goes on "Soldiers, this is to all on my warship. If you see this mech. Do continue all attacks as if all is normal, but try to keep focus on others, not on him for there is something I have discovered that is highly important to me. If you have further questions, please ask Knockout or Dreadwing. Thank you." The com ends and Megatron goes back to his office to which he shortly fell asleep after.