Chapter 28: The Dragon

A few tens of minutes later, they were in the communications room on the Nemesis, which was now in flight, observing the tracker's information. Megatron stood and watched, his rookie beside him and listening closely. An explosion was heard before the com then shuts off, signaling death. The seeker whines "He.... He Tricked us...." He looks back nervously at his master who stared back at him with an unhappy expression.

The gladiator growls at his seeker "So not only did you fail to destroy the autobots, but you allowed their number to increase! IS THERE NO ONE WHO CAN BRING ME THEIR HEADS!!??" Shockwave steps forward and goes over one of his old projects. And the last step of its welcoming was transporting it to earth. With that said, Shockwave leaves to retrieve his creation.

Back at Darkmount, Smokescreen was standing beside his new leader, listening to everything. His hand was placed on Megatron's throne with the warlord's digits on top of it, making sure nothing happened. He would also glance at the racer every few seconds, insuring that the bot was mentally okay as well. He was treated horribly in the past and had to get over his own PTSD, Smokescreen was just shown to torture by one he thought he could trust. That's why Megatron understood him more than anyone.

He then lightly taps the kid's servo, grabbing his attention "Are you alright?" Smokescreen nods "Yes sir." The gladiator nods, looking forward once more before cocking a ridge to himself in confusion. He looks back to the racer "Sir?" He thought. That's a new one.... He vents and looks back to the front.

Soon enough, Shockwave returned. "I present to you, my liege, the ultimate autobot hunter." He held his servo to the bridge to which another Cybertronian stepped out on all 4s. This wasn't a normal one. Smokescreen felt the vibrations in the ground and slowly stepped backwards. Megatron runs his servo up to his arm, lightly tugging it, insuring he was fine and out of danger in any way shape or form. But the strange part was, even he was a bit frightened by the sight.

He hides his fear behind a smile and it goes away soon enough. The others stood in shock. The warlord didn't want to pressure his recruit so he advised him to stay where he was as he himself stepped forward to observe the creation as it roared dominantly. "A-a predacon. They've... they've been extinct since the beginning of Cybertronian history...." Scream stutters. Shockwave remarks "Indeed. But the specimen you see here was bred in the laboratory; cloned from fossilized remains which I discovered on our home world." The gladiator speaks up "Shockwave, it does my spark good to see you once again tampering with creation." Scream warns. "Master, please! Keep your distance!"

Smokescreen runs forward "He's alright. I'm pretty sure Logic Bot's got it under control. I-I mean Shockwave." The scientist's horns flail in anger at the use of the nickname." Megatron calms him "Relax. He is still used to how he was with the autobots. The use of nicknames is something you should all get use to. And Smokescreen, do not apologize. You weren't trained correctly under Optimus." That, Shockwave completely understood with the factors from an earlier conversation.

The dragon mech holds his helm down for his master's leader. "Such primal magnificence." Megatron comments. Smokescreen couldn't quite see it so he was confused. The predacon sensed that he couldn't but also because of the blind fold. He holds his head down a bit more and the warlord got nervous as the beast was nearing his rookie. Smokescreen holds his hand out a bit, guessing it was the right thing to do. The dragon pushes his snout against it, making it slide up a bit on his helm. A small breathing chuckle escapes from him as he begins rubbing the creature's snout.

Smokes brought his servo to the under side of the predacon and Shockwave warns "I... I wouldn't go near the under side of his—-" he was speechless at the sight of his creation purring against his touch. Especially on such a vulnerable area. Starscream laughs "Well what do you know? You built a pet." Shockwave doesn't hesitate in grabbing the seeker's throat. Scream starts choking and Megatron looks over to them, waving his servo over his neck, telling him to stop. The tank let's go and then crosses his arms, venting. The seeker gasps for air and then growls at Shockwave.

"He's incredible." Smokescreen comments. Shockwave steps forward once more "Much appreciated.... A sample of energon from Wheeljack, spilled during the autobot's failed interrogation." He holds the vile to his dragon and the predacon scans it to bring the signal to his tracker. "Let the hunt begin." Megatron states and the predator boosts off; it nearly threw Smokescreen to the ground if it weren't for his leader catching him.