Chapter 18: Battle For The Keys

A few minutes later, after Arcee tried talking to Smokescreen about what he did earlier and failed to get an answer, she went back to the other 2 and asks "is it my imagination or has Optimus been acting different lately since that message from Alpha Trion?" Bee steps away from the wall "=<I noticed it too! And I thought I was the only one.>=" Bulk agrees "Yeah, he has been keeping things from us." "So has Smokescreen...." Arcee adds "But besides his problem, even Ratchet's out of the loop." Bulkhead argues "Well give me one good reason why Optimus couldn't trust his own teammates; why he couldn't have told us about the Omega Lock?" Arcee explains "Knowing Megatron, he would have just plucked the info from Smokescreen's mind." Bulkhead continues "Like it matters. The cons are holding all the keys anyway."

Time Skip

          Once the bridge was done, they were getting ready to embark for their home world. Ratchet admired the new systems on his control board "Yet another astonishing convergence of magic and science; courtesy of the ancients." Bee adds "=<And Prime. Don't forget him.>=" Bulkhead adds to Bumblebee "It's hard to believe! A few swings of that hammer and bam!" They turn to it "Our groundbridge, is now a space bridge." Arcee states, proud of her chief's work.

        Just then, an alarm goes off. They look to the screens as Ratchet announces "Our sensors are detecting a massive energon burst occurring outside Earth's atmosphere. A surge of that kind could only mean one thing; Activation of another space bridge." Optimus confirms "Megatron has discovered that the Omega Lock is on Cybertron." Ratch agrees "It appears we have lost our advantage." "But with Megatron unaware that we now possess the means of interstellar travel, the element of surprise remains in our favor." Prime counters.

               He continued "We must embark on this mission with every resource at our disposal." The others left to get their item. Smokescreen grabbed the spark extractor. All thoughts went through his head. "I could kill someone with this. Decepticons, and autobots." "What if I mess up and get us all killed?" "What if kill the others accidentally? What if I lose grip on this and it falls into decepticon hands," "what if—" a female's voice broke him from thought "Hey, you ready?" He saw Arcee right behind him, concerned why he was so still. "Yeah." He responds "It's just, having such a powerful item in my grasp can get a little pressuring." "Understandable." She says, turning on her heel.

           When they were about to leave, they heard banging. Smokescreen whipped around first in surprise. Soon, out of the hallway, Optimus emerged with his fixed Star Saber. Smokescreen stepped back in fear. "Megatron must be stopped, no matter the cost." Prime declares, before transforming. The others copy and drive through.

              Once they got to Cybertron, they quickly found the cons. Since Smokescreen had the phase shifter, he went first. He hid in the floor and came up behind them, ejecting his blaster and shooting, alarming all decepticons. "What just happened!?" Megatron gasps. Smokes retreats and runs back into the walls. "Smokescreen?" The gladiator questions "But that's impossible!! The autobots do not possess the means to—" a warbling caught his attention. He looked up to see a bunch of metal scraps held in the air by a yellow glow. It's then dropped on some of them, killing the eradicons instantly. That's when Megatron saw Bumblebee and knew that the autobots were all there. "Crush them!!" He orders his army to which they all began shooting.

               Bulkhead then used the immobilizer, stopping a number of them. He then jumped down and ejected his blaster, swapping weapons. Bumblebee soon joined his pal and used his blasters as well. From atop, Arcee was using hers until she jumped down and attached the apex armor to herself, going for close combat. Smokescreen came out to help as well. "Defend the keys!!!" Megatron yells out to which the cons form a circle protecting the 4 with the keys in hand. They fought for awhile and then Megatron decided to join, bringing out his dark sword. Optimus then came to his teams side, bringing out his star saber.

                 The leaders soon met, clashing their blades together. Megatron growls at him "I bested your little blade once, and I shall do it again!!" He threw him back but they continued fighting. Their battle was tougher than the main one.

            Meanwhile, the eradicons we're getting absolutely rekt. They soon got to the 4 and Bulkhead immobilized them like he did the others. Bumblebee used the polarity gauntlet to grab the keys. Each one landed in a single autobot servo. Megatron was distracted for a few seconds, giving Optimus an advantage, he threw a wave of energy, causing Megatron to fly up, and land on a nearby structure.

           The autobots fled the scene quickly. Some eradicons tried to chase but it was no use. Megatron stands up and hisses "I will have those keys or I will have your sparks!!!" With that said, Smokescreen stepped out with the spark extractor. Cons held their blasters to him. The rookie calls to the gladiator "I can help with the last part!" He shows the relic. Megatron gasps "The spark extractor!!" Smokescreen hit a mech away and everyone began shooting, that's when he activated it and jumps into the floor, then getting away as soon as possible. It killed every eradicon before they had the chance to get airborne. The decepticon leader throws his sword down, stopping the relic, but also destroying it.

            Megatron stares down at his dead army before jumping down to retrieve his blade. "Starscream!!" He yells into his com "The autobots have seized the omega keys! Send reinforcements immediately!!" The seeker replies "Actually Lord Megatron, Soundwave has been briefing me on recent developments and we may have a more effective solution."