2.4/Say Something

Your moms have decided to clear out the garage. Brandon needed somewhere to play when his band came over and there was so much junk that it needed to be done sooner or later.

"Alright everyone, no mercy. If it hasn't been used in the last three years, it goes." Mama announced as you all entered the garage.

"Jesus!" You whispered pointing at his feet. Near his feet was an empty beer bottle from the party. You and your siblings somehow managed to get away with the party, even after the broken window, and the plan was to keep it that way.

He picked up the bottle and quickly stuffed it into the box Mariana was carrying. "Here, take this." Mariana handed Brandon the box.

"What's this?" He asked.

"Trust us, it's trash." You said.

"Wait! What are you doing? I love that vase." Mama said noticing the vase in the box.

"Hey, love, no mercy, remember?" Mom reminded Mama.

"For the record, it was a pretty ugly vase." Callie said hugging Mama.

"If Brandon wants to use this as a studio, Brandon should clean it himself." Jesus said.

"No, I am cleaning it." Brandon said in defense. "You're just helping me.

"It's not just going to be Brandon's space. This is going to be a hangout space for everyone." Mama clarified. She then tried to lift a box but mom stopped her and reminded her that she's not supposed to be involved in any heavy lifting. Mama ended up sitting down and sorting through a box of older items.

"What's that?" You asked as she pulled out an old album or something.

"Oh, I put my family tree together when I was in college. I traced my moms lineage all the way back to Africa." She answered looking through the pages.

"Why?" Mariana asked intrigued.

"I don't know. I guess I was just curious about my history, my background." She said.

"I can't believe we kept all of this crap." Jesus said from the other side of the garage.

"You guys are lucky to have all this crap from when you were little. You know, to remember stuff." Jude said.

"Oh my god. Mariana, are those what I think they are?" You asked seeing a bag full of colorful head bands.

"No way." She laughed.

"What is it?" Callie asked.

"When we were in elementary school Mariana decided that she was going to grow up to be a hair stylist and cut both of our bangs." You laughed.

"Ah, the year of unfortunate headbands." Mariana reminisced.

"Oh hey, look who I found!" Mom said pulling out something she had found.

You gasped. "Mikey the Bikey!" You and Mariana said at the same time. Mom had pulled out the bike you all learned to ride on.

"Wait, I'm sorry, what did you just call that?" Callie laughed.

"Mikey the Bikey." Mariana repeated.

"We all learned how to ride on him." You say admiring the childhood memory.

"Don't you think we should keep that? For the baby to learn on?" Mama had asked. "You know, she's gotta start somewhere." Mom gave Mama a look.

"Wait a second..." you started. "You just said "she". Mariana, she just said she."

"It's a girl?" Mariana asked.

"We were not supposed to say anything. But yes, it is a girl." Mom said shocked that Mama had slipped.