2.11/Christmas Past

Callie and Jude's first Christmas with the Fosters:

Your family, including Grandma Sharon, was putting up the Christmas tree and decorating the house for the Christmas season.

"What exactly is that?" Callie asked, pointing at an ornament.

"It's the grinch." Brandon answered. "I made it in kindergarten.

"Were you blindfolded?" Callie teased. Everyone laughed as Callie had solidly burned Brandon.

"Ooh, I wonder who these are for?" Mama said as she carried in two wrapped gifts for Jude and Callie. "You guys are our babies and this is your first Christmas with us."

They unwrapped their gifts to find ornaments with their pictures on them. "Okay, hold them up. It's picture time." Grandma Sharon said as she went to take a picture of the two. "Okay, say cha-cha."

"Cha-cha." Both Callie and Jude said smiling. Just then, Jesus had entered the house.

"Photo bomb." Grandma Sharon teased as Jesus was behind the two.

"We need more decorations." Jesus said.

"We have all of Franks plus ours." Mama said.

"Yeah, it looks like an elf threw up in here." You joked.

"Gramps are all old fashioned. Mr. Nesbit blew up a giant snowman." Jesus had said, talking about our neighbor. "If we're gonna win, we need inflatables."

"Win what?" Mom had asked.

"The contest." Jesus answered, holding up a flyer.

"The homeowners association give out prizes every year to the best decorated house in the neighborhood." Mama explained. "They give you a sign to put in your yard and then on Christmas Day the judges come around and hand out prizes."

"First place gets two-hundred and fifty dollars." Jesus added.

"Well, you gotta spend money to make money. How much do you need?" Grandma Sharon asked.

"Oh no, huh uh. We are not spending another dollar on Christmas decorations. We have plenty." Mom said.

"You're not the boss of Grandma." Jesus argued.

"No, I'm not, but I am the boss of you." Mom said.

"Your mom is right. We just have to work with what we got. Use your imagination." Mama said.

"I don't have an imagination." Jesus complained.

"That's actually true. Remember what he got me a couple years ago for Christmas?" Mariana said.

"What?" Mom laughed.

"A vibrating toothbrush from the ninety nine cent store." Mariana answered.

"I remember that. It didn't even come with batteries." You laughed.

"You sure it was a toothbrush though?" Brandon asked.

"Okay." Mom said as we all groaned in disgust.

"I'm just saying if he's my secret Santa this year, my Christmas is going to suck." Mariana said.