Things Back Home

Stef and Lena were busy cleaning up the kitchen after dinner.

"Jude, sweets, did you finish your homework?" Lena called to Jude in the other room.

"I'm almost finished. I'm just stuck on this math problem." Jude answered.

Lena gave Stef a pleading look. "You know, hun, these dishes are calling my name, and you're so much better at math than I am.." Stef started.

"Mmhmm." Lena responded.

"Love you."

"You better!" Lena said.

As Stef washed the dishes, and Lena helped Jude, the front door was swung open, and in ran Brandon.

Stef turned to see Brandon running into the kitchen. "She wasn't there. I called both of you, but no one answered. She wasn't there when I went to pick her up."

"B, what are you talking about?" Stef said in a lower, serious tone.

Lena now entered the room. "What's going on?" She asked.

"Y/n wasn't there when I went to pick her up." He said.

"I'll try calling her." Lena said heading to her purse.

"How long ago did you talk to her?" Stef asked.

"Like twenty minutes."

"Her phone is going strait to voicemail." Lena confirmed.

"I'm gonna call the station." Stef said.

"What's going on?" Mariana asked as she, Jesus, and Callie came down the stairs, and Jude came from the other room.

The Next Morning:

Stef was down at the station, and Lena is at home by the phone. Neither of them slept at all last night.

"I'm sorry.." Jude said approaching Lena.

"Sweety, we're gonna figure this out. Okay?" Lena said.

Jude nodded in reassurance as he continued to hug Lena.

At the Station:

Stef has been at the Station practically all night, other than when she was down where y/n was last, before the disappearance. All they found was her phone in the grass.

"Did we check her phone, see if she had any recent contact with anyone?" Stef asked.

"Yes. We did a thourogh check." Officer Higgins confirmed. "We've got people on rounds, it was broadcasted on the news, and they've interviewed the family, where she was last.

"Look, you've been here all night. Why don't you go home, check on everyone, check on Lena. We've got things under control here." Higgins said.

"Yeah." Stef said. "Call me when you find something- anything." Stef said before leaving.

Once getting to her car where she was alone, Stef let all of her emotions run loose. She bawled and bawled as she sat there really processing what had happened.

When she decided that she needed to be finished, she dried up her tears, took in a deep breath, and pulled herself together.

***

As she pulled in the driveway, she couldn't stop thinking about all of the possibilities of what could have, or could be, happening to her daughter.

Stef walked into the house, setting her keys in the basket and going straight to hugging a distressed Lena.

"Everything's going to be alright love. Everything's going to be alright." She repeated, not only to Lena, but to herself as well.

Before she knew it, she was in a group hug with the family, everyone except Brandon that is.

Brandon

Brandon laid alone in his room at Mikes house. He felt as if this entire thing were all his fault. He should've gotten there sooner. He should've told her to wait at Dylan's house for him. He should've been a better brother.

"I talked to your mom today. She really wants to see you B." Mike said standing at the door way. When Brandon didn't respond, Mike sat at the edge of the bed, thinking about what his next words would be.

"You know, B., it's not your fault. And none of us blame you, your mom just wants to know that you aren't blaming yourself." Mike said.

"But I do." Brandon spoke up. "I do blame myself, and so should you...so should mom and Lena....and so should y/n.

Mike patted Brandon's leg, and sat there with him a while. "It's not your fault B. Its not your fault."

Dylan

Dylan sat in his room scrolling through his camera roll. He couldn't stop looking over all of the pictures of him and his girlfriend.

Dylan blamed his mother, in whom he knew had said said something to make Y/n leave the way she did. But, part of him also blamed himself. He should have waited with her. She shouldn't have been out there alone.

Dylan paused on a picture of the two of them at the fair. He had won her a stuffed animal, and he remembers how happy she was.

He let out a slight laugh when he remembered what Y/n had said.

"Now it's my turn to win you something, you know, as the woman."

"And what game are you going to win for me?" Dylan asked.

"Well... I do hate clowns." She said as they approached clown shooting booth. "I'm gonna slay some clowns for you."

Dylan stood from his bed and crossed the room over to his dresser. On top of the dresser was the tiny monkey y/n had won for him.

"Here you go." The booth man told y/n as he handed her a tiny monkey.

"Actually, I had my eye on the bear..." She said.

"Sorry, the prizes depend on how many points you get. Its either this or the lady bug."

"The monkey is fine." Y/n sighed disappointed. She held up the monkey with a sarcastic smile.

"I love monkeys." Dylan said reassuring her and taking the monkey.

Y/n smiled at Dylan. "You would've liked the bear better." She said.

"No. This monkey has potential. He's special. I don't want anything else." Dylan said causing y/n to smile warmly. The two continued on to something else hand-in-hand.

Dylan grabbed his monkey and continued back to his bed. Tears started to stream down his cheeks as he stared at the tiny monkey. He clutched it as he bawled.