1.15/Padre

You ride with moms down to the police station. Today they wanted you to identify James in a simultaneous line-up; basically they have multiple people lined up who match the description of the suspect, and may have been in the same area.

"We're gonna be with you the whole time." Momma says from the front seat.

You were so nervous. You didn't want to see James, but at the same time, you wanted him to be locked up. You were scared to sleep at night because of this man. You needed to know that he couldn't harm you.

After parking, the three of you walk inside and head straight back. Mom spoke to a few people before it was time to officially go in.

"Now remember, you can see them, but they can't see you." Mom said, you nodded.

"Bring 'em in." The other officer said through the intercom. At that you saw eight, maybe nine men walk into the room you see through the glass.

"Number one, step forward." The officer said. The first one, holding the "one" card did as he was told. This man was definitely not James. You looked to the police officer and shook your head. As you went through the list, you were disappointed that none of them were him. You were scared knowing that James was still out there. Waiting...

Mom stayed at the station to work on a few of her case files, and some other work, you and momma went home. "It's gonna be okay babe. They're gonna catch him." Momma said, trying to be comforting.

"Can we visit Hannah soon." You asked, changing the subject.

"I'm sure we can make that happen honey." She said. "Listen, mom and I were talking, and we think it would be beneficial for you to talk to someone."

"A shrink? No way." You say.

"We think that a therapist would really help. It's good to have someone to talk to, a professional that is."

"I'm fine, I don't need a therapist. I don't need to talk about my problems to a total stranger. I'm fine." You rant. "I'm fine.." You mutter the last part.

Later that day you found out that grandpa Frank had passed away. His funeral was on Saturday.

**

This would be your first funeral. You didn't know what to expect, you and your siblings had never been around grandpa Frank much growing up.

You wore this:

Before the funeral, you and your siblings stand outside of the funeral home as more people show up, mainly speaking to mom's

Before the funeral, you and your siblings stand outside of the funeral home as more people show up, mainly speaking to mom's. Gram was one of the first people to arrive.

After a while you see Mariana walking up with Callie. It wasn't until this moment that you even noticed Mariana was gone.

Mom's greeted callie, thanking her and telling her that she'll always be a part of our family no matter what. Grandma came walking up next.