2.8/Girls Reunited

You walk downstairs and go to the kitchen as everyone was rushing around for school.

"I thought you had plans with Matt?" You heard Brandon ask as you entered the kitchen.

"Hayley and I are making dinner for Matt and Jesus." You heard Mariana say as you opened the fridge.

"Mariana? Cooking? Wow, you either really like Matt or really don't." You joked.

"Haha. You're just jealous that I have talents that aren't sports related." Mariana said.

"If you call burning macaroni and cheese a talent then yes, Mariana, you are very talented." You responded taking a bite out of your apple.

"That was one time." Mariana sighed. You sent her a testing glare. "Okay, so it was twice. Big deal. I've been practicing and tonight is going to go perfect."

"Wait a second, I did not say yes." Mom said.

"Please? Hayleys mom studied at the Gordon Blue." Mariana pleaded.

"It's Cordon Bleu." Mom corrected.

"Whatever. Her moms a great cook and she taught Hayley everything. Wait, Brandon, how did you know I was going out with Matt?"

"He asked if it was okay." Brandon responded.

"He sounds like a real gentleman." Mom said.

"See? Some people ask before they hook up with peoples best friends or sisters." Mariana told Jesus.

"Does Matt know about this dinner?" Mom asked.

"Well, no..." Mariana said.

"Usually when a guy asks you on a date he wants to be alone with you." Brandon said.

"She's scared of him." Jesus said.

"No I'm not." Mariana defended.

"You're not scared of him but you don't want to be alone on a date with him?" You questioned.

"Look, I'm not scared of Matt." Mariana said. "So?"

"Yes, it's alright with me. But only because you promised me leftovers." Mom said.

"Yay! I'm gonna go call Hayley so we can plan the menu." Mariana said before leaving.

"Why is she scared of him?" Mom discreetly asked you, Jesus and Brandon. You all shrugged.

•••

"Call me if you need me or want to leave, okay?" Brandon said as he was dropping you off at Sams house.

"Okay, I know. Brandon, we've sat in his driveway for at least ten minutes. Can I go in now?" You asked.

"Yeah, yeah." He said signaling you to go. You went to open your door right when he stopped you. "Wait." He grabbed your arm. He pulled you into a hug. "I'm serious about calling me, you know?"

"I know B. I will call you, if it makes you feel any better I'll text you in a couple hours to show you that I'm fine. Okay?" You told him.

"Okay, okay. Go, have fun with "Sam"." He teased.

"Why did you say Sam like that?" You asked.

"What do you mean?" He said.

"You said Sam in a really weird tone. You said "Sam"." You explained.

"I just... I just don't want you getting hurt again." He said.

"Not you too. Brandon, we're not dating, okay? Not even close. We're just friends. I don't need you trying to protect me from boys. Jesus already does that and it drives me insane. I need you to be the chill, musically inclined older brother you usually are, okay?" You ranted.