1.9/vigil~~part 2

You sit in the waiting room next to Jesus', across the room from Brandon. You've been at the hospital for a while now. All of a sudden your phone begins to vibrate, when you pick it up you see that it's Dylan.

"Is that your boyfriend?" Jesus' teases. You stick your tongue out at him before answering the phone.

"Hey." You sighed.

"Everything all right? Did I call at a bad time?" He asked.

"Kind of...it's nice to hear from you." You said.

"You too. I was gonna text you, but I thought I'd call instead." He said.

At that moment Jesus' got up to speak with mike.

"I uh, I'm not really having the best night." You sighed.

"What happened? Is everything okay?"

"My uh, my mom was shot...we're all at the hospital, but they've only let my mom in to see her. The rest of us have to wait." You said.

"I'm so sorry. I'll try to get up there as soon as I can." He said in a panic.

"You don't have to do that, we'll probably be up here for a while."

"Look...I'm coming up there whether you like it or not. I want to be there for you." He paused. "And not even just for this, I mean for everything. I know this isn't the right time, and I'm sorry, but I really like you and, I want to be more than friends."

There was a long pause. "I'll see you soon." He finished.

"I- uh, o-okayy." You both hung up. Woah... what just happened? Dylan had finally told you...woah. You were so happy, but then you remembered mom. You pushed the happiness aside for the time being.

Interrupting you from your thoughts, the doctor had walked in, calling for momma.

"Hi. Dr Aldicott, I'm the lead surgeon on your partners case." He introduced himself.

"How is she?" Momma asked. You were all crowded around now.

"The good news is that there wasn't any damage beyond the lung. All of her other vital organs are perfectly fine." He said.

"Thank god." Momma sighed. "Okay, what's the bad news?"

"The bullets sitting near the spine, which is not a cause for concern. But, if any fragments migrate into the spinal canal, there is a risk of neurological damage, so she would need surgery to remove them."

"Damage...like paralysis?" Momma asked.

"That is a possibility, yes." The doctor said.

"Can we see her?" Brandon asked.

"He's our son." Momma said.

"Yeah, but briefly. She's in the ICU, so immediate family only. Okay?" He said. "I can take you now."

Momma turned to all of you after the doctor walked away. "You guys, there's a tube in moms throat. It looks scary, but its there to help her breath. Okay?" Momma told you and your siblings before going in.

She then waved for Callie to come. "Callie." She said.

"Oh, I'll uh, I'll just wait here." Callie said.

"Okay." Momma said before you all went in.

You were in the room for a bit before momma spoke. "Honey, were all here. Brandon, Mariana, Y/N, Jesus'. Your doing really great. And we love you." She said to an unconscious mom.

"All right." She said leading us out.

"Bye mom.." You whispered before leaving.

Before you went back to the waiting room, momma told Brandon to take you guys home, and that he was in charge.