1.20/Metropolis

The winter formal was coming up and you were hoping that Hannah would be well enough to go.

"Boom. Four in a row. Beat that." You said as you had beaten Hannah in connect four.

"I see you're still as competitive as ever." She laughed. "So, when do I get to meet Dylan?"

"I don't know. When you come back to school." You said playing with the game pieces.

"Ugh, that's too long." She sighed. "I want to put a face to all of the stories."

"I've showed you pictures." You snorted in defense.

"I know, but it's not the same." She said. "Do you think I'll be able to go to the dance on Friday?"

"I hope so. If not we'll just hang out here." You said.

"No!" She snapped. "You're not missing your first high school dance because of me."

"I'm not going to my first dance without my best friend." You said.

"You have a boyfriend to go with. Besides, visiting hours end before the dance even starts. You have no choice." Hannah said.

At that time the nurse had come in to do her check up. "Hannah, I have good news." She said as she put in a new IV.

"I get chocolate ice cream instead of that nasty jello?" She questioned.

"Even better. They're thinking that you'll get to go home within the next few weeks." She said.

"Will I get to go to the dance on Friday?" She asked.

"Hannah, sweetie, you know what Dr. Kellen said. She doesn't think you're ready for something like that yet. All of those people? It's too much for right now." She said.

"What do you think?" She asked.

"I think you should listen to your doctor." She said.

"Hmm, no fun." Hannah pouted. "It's just a dance. Dr. Kellen doesn't know anything about being a teenager, does she."

"Believe it or not she was one, and she knows what's best for you." With that the nurse left.

"So, no dance." You stated.

"No dance." Hannah sighed. "I wish my mom was here. She could always make me feel better."

"I know." You said grabbing her arm.

"I wish she had never met that horrible monster." She said, her voice full of anger. "And I wish she had never taken me away with him... I wish she would have put me first for once."

Dinner a few nights later

Your family was talking about the winter dance and how Callie had been elected as winter Queen. She seems to think that she was elected as some sort of joke.

"I am not going to the stupid winter ball. Sorry Lena." Callie had said. "And I'm taking my name off of the ballet."

"We can do that." Mama said.

"But I still think you should go." Mom told her.

"Why?" Callie asked.

"Principle Sánchez did not give a very positive report on you to your parole officer." Mom said.

"What did she say?" Callie asked.

"She said that you weren't making any friends and that you weren't getting involved in any school activities." Mama said.

"Well, She should also write about how the kids at school are making fun of me." Callie said in defense.

"You don't know that for sure." Mom said.