1.13/Things unsaid

You sit with Dylan at lunch.

"So, they put a restraining order on Brandon?" He asked after you tell him about Brandon showing up at "Girls United".

"Yup. I just don't get it. Doesn't he realize he made things worse?"

"So, him and Callie are..." He asked.

"I honestly don't know at this point. I don't even know if she wants to be with us." You say before biting your sandwich.

"So, I don't know if Jude told you or not, but I need to tell you something." Dylan's voice sounded a little nervous.

"What?" You ask with a slight chuckle, not knowing what to expect.

"I was there, with Jude.. At the wedding." He said.

"What do you mean you were there with Jude?"

"I saw Brandon and Callie." He said, wary of how you'd react.

You paused for a moment. You stood up, grabbed your stuff and started walking away.

"Y/n! Wait." He tried coming after you.

"Why? So you can continue to hide things from me? How could you not tell me, knowing that this is a huge burden on my family right now?"

"I'm sorry. I didn't want to mess thing's up, after everyone was so excited about the adoption."

"Things were bound to mess up when they kissed each other whether you said anything or not! It's not your place to decide what's best for my family!" You were furious.

"I'm sorry.." He said.

"Yeah. You should be." You turned and walked away.

**

After school, you had volleyball practice. You were so angry at Dylan that this would be a great way to let out your anger.

It felt good hitting the ball. Your favorite part was being the server, the overhand serves were the best.

After practice, everyone started heading out. You stopped to get some water as you grabbed your things.

"Foster!" The coach called walking towards you.

"Yeah coach?" You met her half way.

"I've been trying to choose a new team captain, and I noticed how hard you've been working." She starts.

"Oh..." You sigh.

"I know its hard, I get it. But we need a captain. I miss her too." She's taking about Hannah. But right now, the team needs you. What do you say?"

"Okay. I'd love to." You say as coach pats your back.

"Good deal. See you tomorrow." She walks off with her clipboard.

You've always loved the idea of being captain, you just felt guilty because Hannah was captain. She loved it.

You start to head to momma's office. You and the twins were staying after school for different things, so she was your ride home.

"Y/n!" You hear. You turn but don't see anyone you recognize. You figure you heard them wrong, or maybe they weren't talking to you.

"Y/n, its me!" You hear once again. But you still don't recognize anyone behind you. You see a guy running. You don't know him, but he seems to be running to you.

He stops as he gets closer. "Are you talking to me?" You ask confusedly.

"I'm sorry. I forget we haven't officially met yet. Its me, James."