Chapter 23:

"You know, Shinso, what your quirk is doesn't really matter, with a spirit like yours, you'll be a great hero if it's what you choose. Because in the end that is what determines a person's fate; their choices, although your quirk will definitely make your path from here much easier," Shinso stared up warily at the offered hand, both he and the weird kid with gray and red hair were beaten up from the fight (Shinso noticeably more so and out of breath as well). "It's a form of response based brainwashing, right? I mean that's a super easy method to catch criminals or help people without having to resort to violence! With some effort you'd be a super underground hero, one of the best, although you  could probably be great at it no matter the type of hero you choose to be."

Cautiously Shinso spoke up, unsure whether or not the other, Kobayashi Hi- something, he thought, would mind since they knew what his quirk was, "What do you- How did you figure it out? I mean you obviously knew from the beginning since you spoke first and then kept quiet."

"Oh, my little sister was watching the obstacle thingy and the Calvary battles- she really liked your quirk and I have a friend who's quirk is pretty similar so it wasn't too difficult to figure out.... ah! That reminds me." He quickly held up his 'lucky charm' that Eri had made for him, resting it above his heart before letting it fall back again, "Sorry, I promised her I'd wear it throughout the competition and she's going to hold me to it... well, are you just going to sit there?" He waved his once more extended hand and Shinso, slowly, accepted it pulling himself up.

"Thanks."

"No problem, Shinso, right?"

"Yep... um." He froze not completely sure if he had the other's name right, but also hesitant to ask anything.

"It's Kobayashi Hideki, you can call me Hideki if you like, oh, or did you want to ask something different, I don't mind."

"You're not afraid of me.... brainwashing you?"

"Why would I? From what I can tell you have a good grip on your powers, besides even if you did on accident or something, I don't mind, I trust you. Plus, like I said, I have a friend with a really similar quirk although he doesn't have all that great control of it, but anyway whenever he catches me he just tells me to do something stupid and it wears off eventually. I mean nothing that I'd actually mind doing, just little things like flicking a piece of trash at one of our other friends or eating these awful wasabi cookies he carries around like the secret sadist he is...." Hideki offered him one more grin as he cut off his rambling before turning around, "oh, we should probably clear the field- sorry about rambling so much, I think it runs in the family or something whenever my sister and I really get talking it's just a tidal wave of words, I try my best to moderate it, but I think I'm a bit nervous with the sports festival and all- besides I'm sure your class will want to celebrate, you did really good, I'll see you around though."

And just like that Hideki left with a wave, heading back to his stands.

     Izuku paused at the tunnel's entrance, he'd somehow been restarting his habit of rambling while he was at UA and that sort of annoyed him considering how hard he'd worked to get rid of that when he first started as a information broker. He had still been working on it for crying out loud. At this rate he would never be able to rid himself of the habit. He sighed heading to the stands. What could he do? As it happened, nothing at the moment.

Deku found himself staring at his third opponent in the tournament, having won against Todoroki by a slim margin in the last one even after encouraging him to use his other half, and succeeding, but now he faced a somewhat tough decision; did he, having reached the top few and proved his strength, subtly throw the match and let Iida win? Or did he keep going so that he at least was in one of the ranked places? Or would that make him too intimidating or seem off- after all technically his quirk wasn't considered all that great, he shouldn't be able to do more then plan using the time. But, a few seconds of rational decision making went a long ways in a battle as anyone with real experience could tell you...