Chapter 30: Ener-D Reactor

Start from the beginning

"Are you sure about this?" Trudge asks.

"I have never been more sure about anything in my life. It's time to settle things with Roman," Yusei answers with determination in his voice.

Xina then thinks, "Martha, just wait a bit longer. We are coming to get you back."

-

Yusei, Crow and Xina were on their runners while Trudge and the twins are following behind in the patrol van. They drive towards a large gaping hole that was in the middle of Satellite. Once they got close enough, they get off of their vehicles and walk closer to the edge of the hole.

"Looks cozy in there," Xina sarcastically says.

"No way! This is so scary!" Leo exclaims as they all looked down the pitch black hole.

"I can sense dark energy coming from inside," Luna comments as she looks down the large hole.

"You think!?" Leo exclaimed.

"Well, this is it," Crow says, looking down the dark hole.

"You with me?" Yusei asks.

"Til the wheels fall off buddy!" Crow answers.

They then started to make their way down the hole, all except Crow. He heard commotion coming from the distance. Xina stopped once she noticed Crow wasn't with them. She turns around, unnoticed, and runs back outside to see Crow looking at something. She runs over next to him and says, "Crow, what are you-"

Before she could finish, she sees what Crow sees. They were looking at Sector Security helicopters from New Domino City that looked like they just landed there. No one was in sight.

"Public Security Bureau?" Crow questions.

"What are they doing here? And where are they?" Xina questions.

Then they both notice an entrance that was by the helicopters. They decided to go check it out before walking over to it. There was a large door with a hand censor panel. Xina places her hand on the panel, causing the doors to open.

"Looks like it's time to investigate," Crow says with a smile.

Xina mentally sighs, "You were always the nosey, curious one."

"It comes in handy. Now come on!" Crow says before walking in. Xina follows behind.

The two sees a stairwell and started to go down the steps. As they were doing so, the whole place started to tremble, making Xina and Crow hold onto the railing for balance. Once the shaking has stopped, Crow questions, "What was that?"

"Could it be the reactor?" Xina questions.

"Beats me. We should continue," Crow tells her before walking down the steps.

Soon, they reach to a dark room. They look around to see everything destroyed and damaged. "This must have been the reactors research area," Crow states as he noticed broken shelves and cabinets.

Xina looks around until she felt something under her foot. It felt like she stepped on broken glass. She removes her foot to see that she did step on broken glass. She sees a broken picture frame with a picture inside. She picks up the frame and dusted off the debris. The picture had a man and a woman holding a baby. The woman had brown hair that was put up in a bun. The man had black hair that was spiked up. The baby had black hair as well and was looking up at the both of them. They looked happy.

Crow walks over to Xina to see what she was looking at. He looks at the picture and says, "That looks like..."

"Could this be Yusei's parents?" Xina questions.