171

-

jaden had driven us to our aunt christy's and we were all getting out of the car now. i honestly had no idea what to expect when we walked inside.

i walked up to the front door, holding hands with ciarán, and knocked a few times. the door opened almost immediately and we were let inside.

aunt christy hugged me right away, "oh it's been so long. let's go into the living room and you can introduce your guests."

there were no kids in the living room, only adults, which made me a little sad because i hadn't seen most of the kids since they were babies.

i recognized a lot of faces in the room and waved to everyone, "hi, um it's been a long time, but i'm glad to be seeing you all again."

i wrapped my arms around ciarán's arm, "this is my boyfriend ciarán."

"you guys are adorable, how long have you been dating?" my aunt haven asked.

"um," i chewed on my bottom lip as i thought, "i think about six months."

ciarán nodded and max finally walked inside, taking all the attention away from us.

"oh my, is that max? you've grown so much!"

her face started turning red and she laughed awkwardly, "yeah, haha."

and last but not least, jaden walked inside, ian trailing behind him, "hi everyone."

every said their hellos to him and max, ian kept his head down, and ciarán and i sat down on an empty couch.

"jaden, are you going to introduce your guest to us?" aunt christy asked.

"oh yeah," he nodded. "this is ian, he's my boyfriend."

the room grew really quiet until aunt christy asked another question, "how long have you guys been together?"

"four years," jaden said. "so a while, i guess."

the conversation slowly returned, and we weren't really asked anymore questions. from the hallway you could hear people running upstairs, which must have been our cousins.

the youngest ones came running in first, jumping up onto jaden. they probably only remembered him since they were so young and had seen him more then me.

then the mix of the pre-teens and teenagers, not really coming over to us, but at least saying hi.

"wait," one of them said, his name was brandon. "is that kevin abstract and bearface?"

"it is!" his sister, juliana, said.

"what are you two talking about?" their mom, our aunt trisha, asked them.

"yeah that's us," ian said, smiling a little.

"wow, aunt christy, how did you get them here?" brandon asked. "is this like an early christmas present?"