104

-

"oh god," ian mumbled after he had read the messages.

"that's why i need to borrow someone's car," i said quickly.

ian shook his head, "you aren't going by yourself, juliet. i can't let you go alone, and i'm sure everyone would agree."

jaden nodded, "yeah, you are not going by yourself. ciarán, ian, and i will all come with you. we'll need two cars anyway."

i nodded, "okay fine. but, i think it's best if we leave as soon as possible."

ian nodded, "me too. let's all get some stuff together, use the bathroom, and get snacks and drinks."

"i'll get our stuff together," jaden said, his arm around ian. "just get the food and stuff together."

i grabbed ciarán's hand and walked upstairs with him, "this is so terrifying."

he squeezed my hand, "it's going to be okay."

we walked into my room and i grabbed a few sweatshirts and pairs of jeans. i did not want to smell the entire trip.

ciarán handed me a bag that he had already put his stuff and my stuff from the bathroom in. i shoved my clothes in and took the bad from him. i grabbed my purse and phone from my bed and walked back into the hallway.

"where is she even going to stay," i said, realizing there were no extra rooms in the house.

"she can have my room," ciarán said, wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

"and where are you gonna stay?" i asked him.

"with you," he said, smiling softly. "i'm already in your room more then i'm in my own."

i nodded, "okay, but i already use up most of the closet."

he laughed, "don't worry, all i wear is hoodies and jeans anyway."

-

it felt like we had been driving forever, but in reality it had only been six hours. the sun was starting to come up and i checked my phone; 6:34. i hadn't slept yet, and i knew that wasn't good because eventually i would have to trade with ciarán.

before we left, i felt bad for jaden because he would have had to drive the whole way. but, as we were leaving, jaden told me he was taking ian's car.

i didn't even know ian had a car, and didn't know what that had to do with anything. but, then jaden backed out of garage in a tesla and i understood what he meant.

i rested my head against the headrest, trying to close my eyes and sleep. i had two hours to sleep, since we were going to trade every eight hours.

-

i rubbed my eyes as ciarán shook my shoulder lightly, "hey, we're at a gas station. time to stretch and switch."

i nodded and opened the car door, getting out. i stretched and grabbed my purse, deciding to get something from the store.