114

-

i was standing at the kitchen counter with ciarán, making a sandwich because someone had finally gone to the grocery store.

max came hopping down the stairs and into the kitchen, "hey, can i go out into the town with someone?"

i laughed, "wow, already making friends. of course you can go, as long as it's not a guy over eighteen."

she shook her head, "no its a girl, and she's eighteen."

i nodded, "okay that's fine, i hope you have fun."

she smiled and ran to the front door, running outside. ciarán rolled his eyes, laughing, and went back to making his own sandwich.

"i hope she'll be okay," i said. "i know i said yes, but i'm still worried about her."

"she'll be okay," ciarán told me. "she's seventeen, almost an adult, she can make her own decisions."

-

the front door opened and max walked inside, a drink in her hand. she walked into the living room where a couple of the guys and i were sitting.

"did you have fun?" i asked, sitting up.

she nodded, "yeah, she is really nice. i think we're going to hangout again tomorrow."

i nodded, "good, it's good that you're making friends."

"can i sit out here with you guys?" she asked.

matt moves to make room on the couch, "of course you can."

she sat down in his spot and set her drink on the coffee table. the front door opened again and jaden walked in, a bag of food on his arm.

"jaden!" matt yelled, hopping off the couch. "you brought food!"

he nodded, "yeah, yours is in there."

matt found his sub and smiled, "jaden, you're the best. i love you."

"jaden has food?" joba asked, walking into the living room.

jaden nodded and tossed him his sub. he tossed ciarán and i ours and handed max hers. he set the rest on the table and turned to look at the tv.

"oh jj, ian wants you," romil said, walking in from the kitchen.

jaden smiled, "okay, and you know that he'll kill you if he hears you call me that."

romil shrugged, "i'd like to see him try to kill me."

[september 25th, 2019]