79

-

i was totally exhausted from yesterday. tavia had taken me around downtown la, then decided it would be a great idea to drive to san francisco. we got back really late and all the guys were asleep, so we had to call matt to let us in.

i grabbed my phone off the bedside table and checked the time; 8:40. i really wasn't used to this time change. i hopped out of bed and put on a pair of socks and a giant hoodie before deciding to venture out into the rest of the house.

usually the guys were already up and it was loud, but today it was unusually quiet. i saw ian walking down the stairs so i ran to the steps.

"ian, why is it so quiet?" i asked, trying to catch up to him.

he looked back and slowed his pace down the stairs, "everyone is out in the studio."

"studio?" i asked, hopping off the last two stairs.

he nodded, "yeah, in the backyard. you can come back there with me if you want."

i nodded, "okay, can i being an apple with me?"

he laughed, "of course you can."

"will jaden be here today?" i asked, grabbing an apple and following him outside.

he nodded, "yeah, at least that's what he told me last night. why, you wanna leave already?"

i laughed and shook my head, "no, i just need some help. i'm gonna dye my hair again and this time it's going to be more of a two person job."

he nodded and opened the door, holding it open for me to walk inside. it was super nice inside and felt cozy almost. someone was singing somewhere and it sounded super nice.

merlyn interrupted the singing by yelling, "juliet, you're finally awake!"

i smiled, "yeah, i am. who was just singing?"

ciarán looked up and mumbled, "oh, that was me."

"it was really good," i said, sitting down next to merlyn on a couch.

he scratched his arm, "uh thanks."

in all the time i had been here, he still hadn't warmed up to me. he still mumbled whenever he spoke, and i don't think i had seen him smile once.

"don't worry about him," dom said, standing behind the couch. "he gets nervous around pretty girls."

ciarán blushed and grumbled, "shut up, no i don't."

"aw he's blushing," ian teased. "ciarán has a crush on juliet!"

"no i don't," he said, speaking louder then usual. "you're gay."

"and what?" ian shrugged, sitting down in a chair.

"we been knew that," matt said, walking into the room. "juliet, did you and tavia have fun yesterday?"

i nodded, "yeah, it was super fun! she's super cool."

matt nodded, "she is, isn't she?"

ian made a gagging sound, "ew, matt stop talking about being straight. jaden isn't here to equal it out."

"oh but saying i have a crush on juliet is okay?" ciarán glared at him.

"yeah, because i said it," ian laughed.

the door opened, and speak of the devil it was jaden. he pulled the door shut behind him and walked behind the chair ian was sitting in.

"jaden!" matt cheered. "thank god you're here, ian has been really annoying."

"of course he has," jaden laughed, leaning over the chair to kiss ian who was frowning.

-

i had set all of the hair dye things on the counter. jaden looked over them all and frowned, "i'm not the best person to do this with."

"then who else would help me?" i pouted, crossing my arms.

"someone who's dyed their hair before," he said, laughing at my expression.

"and who would that be?" i grumbled.

"um, ian, romil, matt, joba, merlyn, like anyone but me in this house," he said, continuing to laugh.

i sighed, "okay fine, call romil. but i'm still going to make you help me."

-

i looked in the mirror and smiled, "guys it looks so good!"

romil clapped, "i know, i think we did a good job."

he held up his hand and i high-fived him. i continued to look in the mirror at my hair, it looked so good. i was honestly in love with it, it was maybe even my favorite think i had done.

[april 8th, 2019]