82

-

i walked across the hall to the open door of ciarán's room, pillow in my hand. i walked in quietly and chucked the pillow at him.

"ow what the fuck!" he yelled, sitting up and looking at me. "why would you do that?"

"because you won't talk to me at a normal volume," i picked the pillow up and threw it at him again. "and because my comments are saying that you're thirsty for me."

he held the pillow against his chest so i couldn't take it back, "i'm sorry. would you like me to yell when i speak to you."

"no," i said. "just talk at a normal level, that's not mumbling."

"is this better?" he yelled, smiling as he did it.

i huffed and he laughed, he wanted to annoy me, "you're acting like a middle schooler would act if they had a crush on me."

"maybe i am a middle schooler," he joked. "you never know."

i ripped the pillow from his arms, "well, if you're going to call me cute, at least say it to my face."

"fuck you!" he yelled at me as i walked back across the hall to my own room.

ian gave me a confused look and leaned against my door frame, "why is he yelling at you? and is that the first time he hasn't mumbled words to you?"

"i told him that if he wants to call me cute, to say it to my face," i said, grabbing my phone off the windowsill. "and yes, it is."

"told you he has a crush on you," ian said as he walked away from the door.

"haha, fuck you!" i yelled after him, closing my bedroom door.

i walked over to my bed and sat down, scratching uno's head, "aw uno, aren't boys annoying? you're the best and only boy i like."

"talking to your cat now?" ciarán teased.

i didn't even hear him open the door and walk in. i grabbed a random pillow off my bed and turned, getting ready to throw it.

"please don't throw another pillow at me," ciarán covered his face with his hands.

i lowered the pillow and dropped it on the bed, "fine, what do you want?"

ciarán scratched his arm, "wanna get food?"

"me and you?" i asked.

he shook his head, "and jaden and ian."

i shrugged, "okay sure, i'm down."

-

we were at some restaurant that i had never heard of, and didn't bother to remember the name of. the food was good though, and so was the lemonade.

"ciarán why were you being so thirsty on juliet's post?" ian asked, scrolling threw instagram.

"what?" jaden asked, looking at ian's phone.

"it was a joke, stupid," ciarán sighed.

"you can't make jokes on instagram, ciarán," ian rolled his eyes.

-

lunch was decent, but we were back home and i was in my room laying in bed, petting dos and uno. ciarán had been weird at lunch after ian had mentioned his comment. it was probably because jaden was there and asked about it.

i checked my phone again, no notifications, and i was super bored. it's not like there was nothing to do, but everyone else was doing something. and i didn't want to bother someone to do something with me, that felt rude.

i rolled out of my bed and grabbed my phone, deciding to go downstairs and make lemonade. it was better then sitting around and doing nothing.

i walked into the hallway and pulled the door closed. ciarán's door was open so i stopped by and knocked on the frame.

"wanna come make lemonade with me?" i asked, leaning against the frame.

he shrugged, "um, i guess. i really have nothing better to do."

i nodded, "same, why do you think that i'm making lemonade?"

[april 18th, 2019]