108

-

we had just gotten back and walked up to the door. ian unlocked it and held it open for us as we walked inside. it was about 2:30pm and none of the guys were in the living room, which was weird.

i looked around the corner and into the kitchen, but no one was there. i walked further inside and waved max over to me, "guys, are you there?"

footsteps could be heard above us as the guys came running from upstairs. matt was the first one down the stairs and he hugged me, "you guys scared us, you were just gone."

tavia came down the stairs next, "thank god you guys are okay. i know that you texted me, but i was still worried."

matt let go of me, "you texted her and not me? i am hurt, juliet."

"guys, we have something more important," i said. "this is max."

"oh wow," joba said, walking down the stairs. "she looks like she hurts. you want something to eat and some painkillers?"

max nodded slowly, "um sure, thank you."

matt smiled, "you'll learn everybody's names. let us show you to your room."

"you have a room, but didn't know i was coming?" max asked.

tavia smiled, "i knew. and we moved ciarán's stuff into juliet's room because ian asked us to. they just thought we were helping them move, but we were actually making room for you."

romil smiled, "welcome to our beautiful home, i hope you like it."

"you all live here?" she asked, taking a pill and water from joba.

i nodded, "yup, and now you do too. you'll get used to being around all of them, and you'll learn all of their names."

"i hope so," max mumbled. "i'll probably get lost in here."

-

i sat in bed with ciarán, "i hope she likes it here. it's always so chaotic and shit, i just hope she can get used to it."

ciarán wrapped his arms around me, "she's going to be just fine. you fit in here and you basically fit in as soon as you got here."

i shrugged, "yeah i guess. but i'm not a seventeen year-old girl, at least i'm legal."

he laughed and shook his head, "she'll be fine, babe. just quit worrying about her."

there was a small knock on the door, "come in!"

max walked in, her new phone in hand. on our way back, we had stopped and gotten her a better phone then the one she had.

"hey juliet," she said, standing at the edge of the bed. "can you help me make an instagram account?"

i smiled, "of course. shut the door and climb into the bed."

[september 14th, 2019]