128

-

max looked so happy being here and just sitting and playing with the cats. i was also really happy being here, all the cats were so cute, and the food was actually really good.

max was backing up from a cat tower and bumped right into someone, "oh, i'm sorry."

she turned around and saw a girl with bright white hair, she smiled, "it's okay, i'm athena."

max smiled, "i'm max, i like your name."

athena laughed, "thanks, my middle name is aphrodite. i like your name too, is it short for anything?"

max shook her head, "nope, just max. i think my mom was hoping for a boy."

i watched max talk to a girl with bright white hair, i couldn't hear what they were saying, but max was laughing and smiling so that was good.

i nudged ciarán, "look, she's already smiling."

he nodded, "that's good, i told you that this was gonna work."

-

"did you have fun?" i asked once we were in the car.

she nodded, "yeah, thanks again guys."

ian shrugged, "no problem, i think we all had fun today. and, you made a new friend?"

max smiled, "yeah, her name's athena."

i smiled, "good, and this week we're going to get you signed up for school."

max sighed, "do i have to?"

"if you want to stay in the house you do," ian joked.

[october 18th, 2019]