Chapter 56 - Fin

A/N: Thank you all who have made it this far! I know it's been quite a journey and I'm sad to see it end. I apologize it took so long for this final chapter to get published, but with the holidays it's been hard to get time to write. I will be working on the One-shot series, for now as well as my new Black Clover Tumblr called The Open Grimoire (theopengrimoire.tumblr.com) 

Also thank you so much for Kuumi Art for drawing this fantastic chibi art of Ember and Fuego. It really made my week! (I mean look at Fuego's face. He's so fucking pleased with himself it's adorable!) Please visit her on Deviantart, instagram or personal website (kuumiart.com). I will be working with her to do a few more pieces for this fanfic, which can be seen in the next chapter (Chapter 57). Chapter 57 will encompass all the artwork for this fanfic. I will also be more than likely going through the chapters and fixing mistakes and posting the correlating artwork with those chapters at a later date as well. 

"Uh... why is there a kid running around here?" a blond fifteen year old boy asks the person next to him. The second guy squints through the crowd of potential new recruits for the Magic Knights to see the child the first boy was referring to. It's difficult though, as there are many people shoved within the coliseum all waiting to show the captains their skills. It also doesn't help that the anti-magic birds are reigning hell from above as well. But sure enough, guy number two spots a small girl, running in and out of people's legs. She's got fiery red hair that's been pulled up into a ponytail and held together with a black bow. Many strands of her hair can not be contained however and go in multiple directions. Her green eyes are a stark contrast from the red markings around her eyes. She wears black booties with white shorts and a dark blue tunic, outlined in gold: the standard outfit for the main members of House Vermillion.

"What? The kid over there? I think that's Captain Fuegoleon's daughter. You know, the one that was born five years ago during the elven attack."

"Really? I thought there was two of them. So where's –" A girlish scream is heard across the arena. Everyone looks over to see the second daughter, materializing out of thin air to scare unsuspecting candidates. "Oh." Guy one stands in the crowd confused while the twin wreck havoc on other candidates. Weird things happen. People's grimoires start to float away from them without being used and people get goosebumps despite the blazing sun above.

"Yeah. I hear they're literally the spawn of Satan. I don't think they have magic yet, but they got this uncanny power to call ghosts and materialize in and out of the spirit realm. They like to play pranks on everyone with it. Or so I hear. I think they got that from their mother."

"Wait, isn't the Captain of the Jaded Moon Rabbits their mother? The one everyone says is the grim reaper?" Guy number one asks as he tries to make sure not to get any where near the twins.

"I think so. But don't let her hear you say that. I don't think she likes it much. Gosh though, having two captains as your parents must be hard. There's a lot of expectations for those two."

"There you two are! What did we say about running away like that?" I scold the girls as I materialize in front of them. Everyone backs away from where I appear, startled by my sudden appearance. Sheesh. It's like they saw a ghost or something. Both daughters stand in front of me shyly, sad they were caught in their antics. "You know you had your Uncle Leo worried. There's a lot of people here and it's easy to get lost."

"We're sorry," they mumble, looking at their feet.

"Come on. Our meeting is done so the selection exam is about to begin." I tell them, grabbing their hands and leading them to the stairs. It seems like just yesterday that I was working the selection examination with Owen. A magicless, grimoire-less medic. Yet now I lead a squad of my own. It currently consists of 37 members, but I hope today to find some candidates to add to my squad.