Chapter 53 - Dog House

Fuegoleon sighs deeply, pinching the bridge of his nose in frustration. In all his years on this planet, rarely did he ever feel this uncertain about his current situation. The fiery lion takes another look over his shoulder at the Vermillion House's grand entrance. The summer's cool fall air feels good against his heated skin. It brings much needed relief to his turbulent mind. Everything had happened so quickly that he didn't have the adequate amount of time to process the fight nor apologize for his mistake. Fuegoleon shakes his head, sighing once more. His ears still ring from Ember's yelling, and his chest still feels the brute force behind her shoving him out the door, effectively kicking him out of the house for the evening. What's worse is that his trusty and loyal fire spirit, Salamander didn't elect to go with him. Instead it stayed behind with Ember, which was unusual to say the least.

But these were unusual times. Stressful times. Ember had been promoted to Grand Magic Knight and given the funds for her own squad, despite her protests. Though after much coaxing, Fuegoleon managed to convince her to take the job and form the new squad to represent the change she wanted to see within the kingdom. She aptly decided on the name of "Jadded Moon Rabbit" based on a mythical folklore of a rabbit that lives on the moon. It is said that the rabbit is constantly pounding medicine for mortals. As the squad name suggested, Ember chose to focus her squad in assisting other squads as medics and be a means to provide much needed medical relief through out the kingdom. This responsibility combined with two, two-year olds made her unbelievably stressed. So after consulting with his sister, Fuegoleon allowed Mereoleona to take the twins out to their first "camping trip" for three weeks. This, though did not have as much of a relaxing effect as the lion had hoped though. Ember was still stressed and tired. And it was here that Fuegoleon messed up.

Over the course of dinner, Ember had expressed her frustrations Nozel's demands on taking care of Celesta during her last trimester. No matter how much she reaffirmed to him that his unborn son and wife were healthy and could expect a normal delivery, Nozel continued to consult her. Over and over again he would ask in his own way that Ember guarantee the health of his new family. If not with her best medication then with her power as a goddess. Quite frankly, she was getting pissed off more easily every day. So why Fuegoleon decided to bring this topic up, he didn't know. But the question left his lips as soon as it entered his thoughts:

"What if we have another baby?" The brunette stopped cutting her dinner as soon as she heard the question. Slowly she looked up from her plate at him. The bags under her eyes, despite getting plenty of sleep were a good indication of her current mood.

"Seriously? You're serious?" Ember asked him. Her words dripping like cold acid. Fuegoleon hadn't felt this kind of fear since he nearly lost her two years ago. But before he could backtrack and explain his question, a light seem to go off in Ember's head. "Wait a minute.... I know what this is about. I would expect this from that damn eagle but you Fuegoleon?! Are you fucking kidding me?!" The woman slowly stands up from her chair. She looks like a wild animal, closing in for the kill. The energy radiating off of her is immense and fills the room with a chill few have ever known.

"Wha-"
"Don't play stupid! I can put two and two together! This is all part of your little rivalry with Nozel isn't it? Isn't it?! Well I'm not playing this game! Not tonight!" She screams shoving his chest. Fuegoleon takes a step back towards the door from the sheer force of the push. "If you're so damn insistent on carrying your rivalry with Nozel into our marriage then go sleep with the mother fucking eagle tonight!" Ember continues to push him, eventually reaching the main doors to the estate and kicking him out for the night.

That was the quickest battle Fuegoleon ever took part in and lost. Part of him wanted to go back in right now and quell her anger, but something told him that would only make matters worse. So instead he decided to trek across the royal courtyard over to the Silva house to pay the happily expecting parents a visit while he waited for his own wife's wrath to simmer down. The sound of his footsteps carries throughout the evening air and mingle with the sound of cicadas coming out for the night. However, this doesn't last forever as a second pair of heavy footsteps joins his. Looking across the dimly lit courtyard, Fuegoleon can make out the bright white of a certain Silva's outfit.