Chapter 26 - Apologies

"Apologize and I won't totally humiliate you."

"As if someone as lowly as you could even begin to be compared to someone like me, a royal."

"Don't say I didn't warn you your highness." I have just enough time to open my grimoire and call upon Sagitta's Arrow before Nebra's mist clones are all around me. As a water mage she has a huge advantage over my flames. She's also several ranks above me and has a greater endurance than me, giving her a good reason to be cocky. But I plan on using her over confidence against her. Her clones fire rapid mana bullets at me, but I'm able to take them out with only a few arrows. The nice thing about Sagitta's Arrow is that it hones in on a magic signature so I don't have to aim too much. However besides knocking out Nebra's attacks it's useless in finding here among her clones. She's done a good job making sure her magic signature is the exact same as each clone's so I can't differentiate between the two.

"Fufufufu, you think your pitiful flames can stand up to my magic?" She gloats as several of her clones shoot at me from behind at once. As soon as they get close enough I turn and destroy all of the bullets with one flaming crescent kick. However I've seemed to have over estimate how much power to put behind the kick as the aftershock spews flames every where taking out a majority of her clones and hits a nearby wall, destroying the stone structure. Dust starts to fill the courtyard as the rubble from my attack settles.

"I think they can Nebra! Just apologize!"

"Like a whore like you could ever find a place among us royals. You're pathetic and inept. The Vermilions are fools for even talking to you! Mist Magic: Bewildering Forest of Mist!" She disappears in a forest of mist that covers the entire courtyard. I can't detect anything from her with all of this mist. Her laughs surround me, she's getting cockier by the minute. I sidestep quickly to narrowly miss a blast to my head. "Ha! See all you can do is defend! You're utterly useless! You –"

"Flame Magic: Artic Firestorm." Black flames blast out all around me in a never ending torrent. Instantly it blows away her mist and exposes her physical form to my left. She's had to take a knee and cover her face to protect herself from my attack. The soft drip of her blood hitting the ground fills the nighttime void. "Apologize."

"Never! Let me show you the difference between us!" She tries to create more clones but nothing happens. A look of shock crosses her face. "What? How? Impossible! I've got the attribute advantage!" She screams at me, her breath coming out in short puffs.

"If only your magic wasn't reliant on the atmospheric moisture. My flames have lowered the temperature enough that the water vapor in the air has decreased significantly. Good luck using your mist. Now apologize." I start slowly walking towards her, bow in hand. She glares at me getting up but she falters falling back to the ground. I stop a foot in front of her and nock my bow, slowly I draw the string back and aim right for her head. Her eyes widen in horror as she realizes I've eradicated her magic without her so much as getting a scratch on me. "Apologize." Even in defeat she's still too proud to admit it. I flare my magic, the flames causing frost to gather on my eyelashes and our breaths to form as clouds. "APOLOGIZE!"

"Silver Spear" I quickly catch the incoming attack with my left hand as it slices my cheek. Spinning around I throw the spear right back at the caster. But it misses its target and hits the castle wall instead, causing an explosion that echoes through the night.

"Big Brother Nozel!"

"Stay out of this face braid. Nebra can end this, all she needs to do is apologize. It has nothing to do with you." My words drip like acid. I just hope Nebra will apologize so I can return to bed where Fuegoleon waits for me.