Chapter 47 - The Heaven's Proposal (Lemon)

"So I left milk in the kitchen for when they get hungry. Don't forget you need to heat it up, but Leo, not too hot. You can use the inside of your wrist to check to see if it's too hot. Actually, just let Mimosa or one of the kitchen staff heat it up. Alexa should be fine, but Mira's being stubborn taking a bottle. Though Fuegoleon's had better luck getting her to take it when I'm not around so who knows, maybe she'll be nice and take it from you too. Ummmm what else did we not go over?" I look at the booklet of information Fuegoleon and I have written down the last few days. We're only supposed to be gone for less than a day for my training. Leona is still acting as captain to give Fuegoleon the parental leave he needs to help me to take care of the girls. She drops by frequently with paperwork however for Fuegoleon to peruse and sign off on. She states that something so tedious shouldn't be part of the captain's job, but I think she also uses the excuse to see the girls as frequently as she wants. I would be lying if I said I wasn't a tad bit afraid of her handling the girls after the stories I heard about her trying to "train" Leo as a baby. But she's surprisingly gentle with her nieces. She doesn't growl or complain when they grab her hair, spit on her or make general baby messes. Fuegoleon had made a comment about the natural hierarchy of lions. Lion society often revolves around the females as they make up the bulk of the pride. To ensure the cubs' survival, females raise and care for all of the pride's offspring, not just their own. So perhaps it was this unintentional instinct that caused her to soften up around Mira and Alexa, but I'd just like to think she adores the girls.

We got to move back into the main Vermillion estates two days after the girls' debut. Luckily the majority of the servants were able to return to work and helped us get settle in quickly. After settling in and trying to establish a routine, two weeks had flown by. My magic was still on the mend. I could now summon a strong flame that encased my hand and nothing else. I blamed it on the slow regeneration of my guardian powers. There just weren't a whole lot of souls passing over in this region of the kingdom for me to regain my strength. But one place where there was a ton of souls waiting would be the high mana region known as Gravito Stones. It used to be the Eye of the Midnight Sun's hideout. And although the main compound may not still be there, all the human souls used during the elves' resurrection spell would be there. I had a good feeling they hadn't passed on and maybe particularly angry that they were not "reborn" into their true selves but rather used to bring the elves back. If this proved true, my powers could return fully within a short amount of time without killing anyone.

"Ummmm, Ember. It'll be alright, I promise! Leopold and I can handle the girls for the day, trust me! And you've given us such extensive notes," Mimosa reassures me. I let out a nervous sigh. The young girl was truly sweet to use one of her days off to help Leo babysit for the first time. The first time she saw them, she nearly melted right then and there. She gushed over the girls like they were her own and picked up on taking care of them quicker than anyone I knew. It must just be innate for her.

"Yeah! That's right! We're going to have a blast starting your training, isn't that right little ones?!" Leo yells as he holds Mira up. She giggles and waves her arms, causing her to punch Leo in the face. He looks shocked and stunned for a minute.

"No! No training Leo!" I scold him. "They're only five weeks old. The only "training" they should be doing is tummy time, which if you look at the notes is at several increments through out the day." I flip to the main schedule on the first page to show him what I mean.

"Ember, if I may-" Mimosa gently holds out her hands, waiting for me to give her the additional copy of notes I'm holding. "-it will be fine, I swear. There's also the servants to help us or we can always call their godparents. There's plenty of help." The plant mage gives me a smile which doesn't quite help me dispel the worrisome image she's put into my head. Call their godparents? Oh gods what if they call Nozel for something as simple as a diaper change, or to test the temperature of the milk? What if they call him cause the girls won't stop crying? The guy is seriously going to be pissed about it. Does he even know baby basics? Does he even like kids? My thoughts start to ramble and I get even more nervous about leaving the girls.