Chapter 14 - The First Move

Author: Okay guys! This chapter was so fun to write that I just had to get it up right away. So please let me know what you think! Things are going to get heated up pretty quickly from here on out!

When I come to I know I'm in a warm bed. It feels like the fluffiest bed I've ever slept in, like drifting on a cloud. A silk robe brushes against my skin, bringing yet another height of pleasure. Sighing I refuse to open my eyes just yet and enjoy the bliss between coming out of a pleasant dream and actually getting up for the day. I thought that bliss would last enough for me to gradually come out of my long slumber, but I was sorely mistaken.

"Oi, I know you're awake. Don't be wasting your time in bed." Ugg go away! Let's see you go to the underworld and back and see how well you fair the next day. Mo-fo. I'm just about to grumpily flip off who ever is telling me to wake up when I feel an immense aurora. Wait a minute. Opening my eyes I'm met with an intense blue stare and vermillion hair.

"Leona!" I quickly sit up, nearly butting heads with her. But her lightning quick reflexes allow her to sit back and miss the collision all together. Whoah cha----- ouch! Bad body! I give you rest and this is how you repay me? My muscles scream at my sudden movements. Luckily for me Owen's magic seems to have healed most of my damage. The lactic acid build up in my muscles is the only thing left giving me a problem. "What are you doing here?" I ask looking around. I'm in a good size room in a large bed. The ceilings are vaulted, there's ornate vases placed through out the room and one of the large windows is cracked open allowing the crisp autumn air to saturate the room. From tan, red and gold color scheme I can tell I'm back in the Vermillion House, and it hasn't changed in the two years since I left.

"You went and got yourself killed idiot. What else did you expect?" She growls at me.

"Your love and a box of chocolates." Now I get a snort from her. "But in all seriousness where were you? I tried to get a hold of you when the seal started to fail. But I had to ask Fuegoleon to-" Clutching my chest I pause my sentence to make sure I can still feel his mana still flowing through out me. Good, the seals still there. I was worried it wouldn't start back up when I came back. I feel a hand ruffle the top of my head.

"Psh. And you thought he wouldn't be cut out for it? If he would have failed, I'd pull his ass straight out of hell and show him how it's done." I grin at how seriously she said that threat. "Now why'd you go and do something as stupid as getting yourself killed again? Especially by those weaklings from the Diamond Kingdom. Who gave you permission to die?" Her face is intensely close to mine as she stares directly into my soul. Dude, Mereolona, you freak me out sometimes and I've dealt with death herself. I hessantly laugh before answering.

"Well.... Um... you see-" I scratch the back of my head awkwardly. "We were kinda in a high mana region for a long time before they even attacked. And you know how well I do in those regions..." I sarcastically said. Her eyes narrow at me. Ahhhhh I don't think she likes my answer! "But it's fine! I'm back now! And it didn't take 4 days this time!" Finally she sits back in her chair.

"It shouldn't happen at all."
"Yeah, well Helia's a real bitch. Won't quite let me stay in the underworld now will she, so I guess the living is the only place for me now. I guess you're stuck with me! Foreverrrrrrr!" I grin at her while trying to poke her in the cheek. She merely swats my hand away with a fiery fist. "Hey! That burns meanie!"

"Then don't antagonize me."

"What cha gonna do about it if I can't die?" I say smugly. She raises an eyebrow at me.