Breaking Point

Jimin and I sat in the car in complete silence for a full minute before bursting out laughing.

"Haha... that wasn't too bad if I do say so myself," Jimin giggled mischievously.

"Yeah, not too bad," I replied.

We smiled for a moment, then as if there was a magnet between us we began leaning in closer. His eyelashes fluttered as he looked down at my lips. I couldn't help but notice how the faint moonlight highlighted his features, and how my heart was beating loudly in my head.

He paused, inches away. "Are you ok? If you're uncomf-"

I closed the gap. My heart stopped when I fully understood what I'd done. I'd kissed him. I'd really... just...

I broke away, blushing furiously. "I'm really not good at this."

Jimin's eyes crinkled as he smiled widely. "I beg to differ..."

Placing his hand on my cheek, he brought me closer again and kissed me gently.

"I'm glad I broke the law with you," he whispered.

"Me too," I whispered back, and I couldn't help smiling as he kissed me again.

————————————————————

Third Person POV

Han Hyun Gi, please come to the principals office. Han Hyun Gi, please make your way to the principals office.

Jimin glanced at Y/N. They had dropped the diary off in the school mailbox, anonymously. Hyun Gi was about to get what he deserved.

Elsewhere in the building, Hyun Gi was NOT headed for the office. Instead he walked down the hallway, and out the front door.

————————————————————

"I wonder if he got suspended," Y/N thought out loud. Jimin intertwined his fingers with hers.

"Or expelled," he added gleefully. Then he added with a pout, "I'm sorry I can't walk you home today. I thought we could celebrate or something, but my parents are having this company thing..."

Y/N squeezed his hand. "It's fine. We can celebrate this weekend. Ok?" Jimin squeezes her hand back.

"Ok."

————————————————————

Your POV

Walking home without Jimin felt weird, very weird. Since it was winter, the shadows were already getting long, and the sun was low in the sky. I pulled my jacket tighter around myself to block out the chilly air.

From behind me I could hear a car. However, it didn't pass by like the others, it just hovered near me. I quickened my pace, and the sound of the car grew louder in my head. By the time my house was in sight I was sprinting to get inside. I fumbled with my keys until I heard the click, and I rushed inside and locked the door. I watched out the window as it passed by my house and down the road.

Picking up my phone, I dialed my mom's number. After the eighth ring, the automated voice informed me that she couldn't come to the phone at the moment and to try again later. Taking a big breath to steady myself, I texted Jimin.

Me:
Hey
There's a weird car
It was following me
I think
I don't feel safe

I cringed. I was being a baby. My neighborhood was safe and I'd stayed home by myself plenty of times before.

Me:
Never mind.
Sorry
It's ok
I'm overreacting
Tell your parents and Jihyun I said hi!

I wrinkled my nose at the last line. That last text was weird.

I looked out the window again to see the same car slowly driving past, sending shivers down my spine. I locked the deadbolt on the front door, then ran upstairs.

The car was partially past my house when I remembered something that made my heart skip a beat. I'd forgotten to lock the back door. Trying to build up the courage to go downstairs, I slowly opened my bedroom door. Then I dashed back down the stairs and to the sliding glass door. It was pitch black outside and my hand was shaking as I reached for the lock.

My heart stopped as a dark figure suddenly appeared outside the door.