In the Lair of the Wicked

"Nothing in the closet."

"Nothing under the bed."

"Nothing in the trash can."

"Nothing in his underwear drawer."

"...Jimin?"

"Yes?"

"Why are you looking in his underwear drawer?"

"Why wouldn't I look in the underwear drawer?"

I sighed. "Nevermind..."

"Daebak!" I spun around to see Jimin holding a thick notebook.

"Is that...?"

Jimin grinned. "His diary? I do believe so."

Flipping through the pages, he read a few passages out loud.

"February 20th,
Jimin did it again. He beat me for top score for the fifth year in a row. The pabo doesn't even study! While I'm working my-"

Jimin glanced up before continuing.

"...tail off trying to keep up with him! I'm sick of it. I'm sick of him beating me in everything. I'm sick of acting like his friend, and I'm sick of his perfect scores and I'm going to do something about it. I don't know what yet but I'll make him pay."

"March 27th,
Jimin's been bringing around some girl. I don't even remember her name, and her face is only so-so. I don't know how she managed to get the guy's attention but he seems totally infatuated with her."

"April 8th,
Revenge is sweet. Jimin's perfect world is about to come crumbling down. His little pet isn't his anymore. I'm already working on tearing them apart. Really I don't care much for the girl, though she is too easy to manipulate. And Jimin is making it so easy to get at him. I don't even know when I'm going to-"

Jimin stopped reading. "I think that's enough reading." His face was sickly, and he snapped the book shut.

"What was it?" I asked, reaching for the book. Jimin pulled it out of my reach.

"Let's just say it's definitely enough to get him in big trouble-"

He was cut off by the sound of the door downstairs opening and shutting.

I checked my watch. "It's not time for anyone to be home yet!" I whispered. Jimin's eyes widened, and he quickly grabbed my hand and shoved me under the bed. He just squeezed in next to me and adjusted the bed skirt when the bedroom door opened.

"Coach will get over it. I'm his star player, what's he gonna do? Kick me off the team?" we heard Hyun Gi ask.

"Either way I'm glad you invited me over..." said a familiar voice. Jae Hwa.

"Me too..." There was a moment of silence in which Jimin and I had a good guess as to what was happening. When the moment passed, the bed sagged in the middle as they sat down.

"So... what do you wanna do?" Jae Hwa asked.

"...Well what do you think happens when your parents aren't home?"

Me and Jimin glanced at each other, internally panicking. I whipped out my phone and sent a rushed text to Taehyung.

Me:
Pls call htis numbet as fast as you can and pretent your a telemarketr or somthing

I could only hope he received it quick enough.

Just as I thought we'd be stuck there through an unpleasant experience, the phone rang downstairs. The two stopped what they were doing and Hyun Gi got up.

"Sorry, I've got to get this... if it's my parents then I'll get in trouble if they find out I ignored them," Hyun Gi said.

"You're really something else Hyun Gi if you're afraid of your parents," Jae Hwa whined.

"Well if you want to keep getting those fancy little trinkets you're wearing then I need to answer the call." And with that he bounded off down the stairs, Jae Hwa huffing off with him.

Jimin and I took the chance to climb out from under the bed and out the window. Jimin helped me across the roof.

"How are we getting down?" I whispered. It was hard to see in the dark and I had to hold onto Jimin.

"His house is built slightly into a hill, so it should be lower back here than in the front," he whispered back. "Let me jump down first."

He disappeared over the side. "Ok, all clear. Just jump to me. I'll catch you."

I tossed down the diary before taking a deep breath and jumping. Jimin caught me as promised... but he fell backwards in the process, knocking the air out of his lungs.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry, are you ok??" I whispered anxiously. He just nodded back and held out a hand to help me up too. Then scooping up the diary we staggered off down the street to Jimin's house.