Rumor Has It

A/N: this chapter will be a doozy but you know it be like that, it really do

"Good morning," Jimin chirped. He had apparently been waiting for me by the schools front door.

"G-good morning," I squeaked. He smiled and held out his hand.

"Lemme see your phone... ah yes... my beautiful face on your lock screen," he said, looking at my new background. "Now when we're apart and you're missing me, you can just look at your lock screen and see my face..."

I blushed. Would I ever get used to this? I hoped so, I wanted my relationship with Jimin to be different with than Hyun Gi.

Who of course hadn't stopped his campaign against Jimin and I. There were whispers everywhere we went. I could tell Jimin knew, but he didn't let on that he did. Maybe because he thought I hadn't noticed.

As always, Taehyung (and Jungkook, though he usually didn't say much) kept us updated on the new rumor around the school.

"It's pretty bad... this time they're saying that Y/N had a whole bunch of plastic surgery done this past year..." He paused before adding, "Which of course Jungkook and I don't believe at all!"

Jimin sighed and slumped against the wall. "This guy, he really has no shame."

"That's the thing," Taehyung said. "No one is tracing these back to Hyun Gi. Like, of course we know. But others wouldn't suspect him."

I put a hand on Jimin's shoulder. "It's ok, really. Words can't hurt us. Besides, we know what's true, right?"

He smiled weakly at me before putting his hand on mine. "I've got you, which makes it worth it."

————————————————————

It seemed there was a new rumor weekly.

Jimin was caught drunk at a party.

I was caught drunk at a party.

Jimin was secretly some sort of criminal, in police records and everything.

Soon, Jimin's friends stopped sitting with us, except Taehyung and Jungkook. We were pushed to the outside of society. Mr. Popular wasn't so popular anymore. Though one of the worst came the fourth week.

"Oooo, this one is really bad," Taehyung informed us.

"How much worse can it get?" Jimin replied numbly. Taehyung shifted uncomfortably in his feet before answering,

"That well..." Taehyung looked at the ground. "That you got the uh... bad stuff."

"Herpes," Jungkook clarified, earning a look from Taehyung.

Jimin slammed his fist into the lockers. "What the- Hyun Gi is an a-" he glanced at Y/N. "Aaaabsolute jerk. This is getting way out of hand."

"Really, you don't say," Taehyung said sarcastically.

————————————————————

It seemed like everyone had heard... and most believed it. No one would sit near me and Jimin, and no one stopped and talked to Jimin. It's frightening how quickly those around you will leave the moment you need them most. Though I wasn't necessarily having a great time, Jimin seemed to be suffering the most. He had become restless, and more irritable. Finally I worked up the courage to talk to him about it in choir.

"Jimin... you seem tense..." I began. He looked at me with pitiful eyes.

"I'm fine, really," he lied.

"I want you to be open with me since I'm... your... girlfriend," I said, feeling rather courageous. I never used the g-word, but I was getting used to the idea that Jimin was my boy-
My boyf-
My friend boy.
Yep.

"Don't worry yourself over it," he sighed. I had to get his spirits up. So I pulled out my trump card. This had to work.

I leaned over, doing my best to remain calm and smooth, and kissed him on the cheek. My voice shook as I whispered, "Please let me worry over you J-Jimin o-o-oppa."

He shot up stiff as a board. Eyes wide he turned to me, his whole face scarlet. "What was that? What did you say?"

I was blushing too, trying to hide my face. "N-Nothing! You heard nothing!"

He pulled my hands away from my face and made me look at him. "Say it."

My heart was beating so fast, it might have burst. "S-s-Say what?"

Jimin pulled me toward his face. "Say what you just said again."

"J-J-Jimin oppa-"

This kiss was different from the first or second one. It was short but sweet, and I could feel his smile, which was contagious. When he pulled away I was sure I was grinning like an idiot.

He held me at arms length before bringing me back in for a hug. "Feel free to call me that anytime."

————————————————————

A/N: I feel like I should clarify that they're in Korea so calling your bf oppa is normal. (Plus he iiiiis a few months older than Y/N)