I Think I...

Jimin's POV

Mrs. Lee shook her head as she lead us into the principals office. Principal Kang was in the midst of packing up for the day, and looked rather annoyed to have been interrupted.

"Trouble? This late in the day? Aigoo..." she muttered under her breath. "Why are we here this afternoon boys?"

Mrs Lee stepped in. "I caught these two ganging up on another student. I trust you to deal with them accordingly, Principal Kang."

The teacher then took her leave before the principal could call for her to stay past 4.

From the way Principal Kang sighed, I already knew Jungkook and I weren't getting out of this easily...

————————————————————

Two days suspension.

But I wasn't worried about that. As soon as we were dismissed, I dashed out of the office and straight to the nurses office. Y/N was still there, sitting on the nurses cot.

"Y/N!"

She blinked and looked up, realizing I was in the room with her. That's when I noticed a bright red mark on her forehead.

"What happened? Did he do anything to you? Let me see..." I said, taking a closer look at it.

"I'm fine..." she mumbled, lightly putting her hand on my arm and pushing my hand away. I grabbed hold of her hand.

"What happened?"

She shrugged. "We... talked I suppose."

"About?" I probed.

"Uh... Nothing."

Judging from her flushed face and downcast eyes I guessed she was lying, but she wasn't going to tell me what happened at that point.

"It's ok, you don't have to tell me," I said, wrapping my arms around her. I decided to not point out to her that she was slightly shaking. My heart squeezed when she put her arms around me in return.

"I like your hugs..." Y/N whispered. "I feel safe when I'm with you."

I was startled by her sudden revelation. I could feel the red rising in my cheeks. "Really? I couldn't even protect you or Jungkook by myself-"

"You don't have to do it by yourself."

I looked at Y/N is mild surprise. "What?"

Whispering again she repeated, "You don't have to do it by yourself. We're here with you too."

"I'm glad you're here with me," I replied, hugging her tighter.

"Jimin?"

"Yes?"

"Can I tell you something?"

I smiled. "Of course you can."

"I think I'm in love with you. Like really in love with you. More than anyone else. I've never felt this kind of love in my life, and I want to tell you while I still have the confidence to," I said, my words tumbling over themselves. Jimin's eyes widened slightly.

"I... me too. I couldn't have said it better myself."

I sunk into his warm arms, thinking how much I really, truly loved him.

————————————————————

A/N: sorry again for a really short chapter 🥺