Lesson Six

The next day, around 3:20 I heard a knock on the front door. It wasn't Jungkook this time.

"Hey," Jimin said awkwardly. When I didn't respond, he continued. "I'm sorry. I promise that that kiss meant nothing."

I blinked. "Oh. Ok."

I began to close the door but he stuck his foot in the way and pushed it back open.

"Please let me explain," he begged.

"I don't want to talk right now," I replied, trying to shut the door again. Jimin stood firm, not letting the door budge.

"I understand that you've been under a lot of pressure, but you can't run away every time something goes wrong!"

I let go of the door, shocked that he'd raised his voice, but more so by his words.

Jimin continued, softer this time. "If we're going to make this work, I need you to talk to me. We need to communicate, not just shut down when things don't go well. Please, trust me more."

I blushed, embarrassed at my cowardice.

"Now," he said. "Can we walk through this together?"

I nodded, not looking at his face. We sat together on the couch.

"I know you saw me with Yoo Ri. But the thing is, she came onto me before that. I tried turning her down, but she just... you know. And then I saw you and tried to go after you to explain. And you didn't reply to my texts or calls..."

A tear slipped down my cheek. "It was so much easier to believe you were with someone like her."

Jimin looked confused. "What do you mean?"

"You and her... I know she's your ex. And it seemed like it made sense, you know, that you'd choose to be with her. She's pretty, and popular, and you already have history with her," I said. I held in the burning behind my eyes, determined not to let myself cry again. "And then, there was a rumor about my dad... and you're the only one who knows..."

He took my hand in that comforting way of his.
"I swear on my life, I didn't tell a soul about your dad. I don't know how Hyun Gi, or whoever started the rumor, found out but when I find them I'll-"

"It's ok," I whispered, trying to keep my voice from shaking. "As long as it wasn't you, right?"

"I promise it wasn't me."

I let out a sigh, and leaned against his shoulder. "I'm sorry I'm like this."

Jimin put his arm around me. "I'm sorry the world has to suck right now."

"No kidding," I laughed weakly.

"You know, it's ok if you cry."

As if on command the floodgates opened up. We both broke down in each other's arms. It had been tough, dealing with rumors, fighting Hyun Gi, and with my issues thrown in it made for a very unpleasant month. But in the end I found that Jimin always made me feel better. He was the comforting supporter I'd needed for so long. He was more than a friend, more than a boyfriend.

"I love you," I said. I could feel him kiss my hair.

"I love you too."

Lesson six: trust each other.
————————————————————

A/N: I'm sorry that the plot is dragging and isn't the best it could be. I've had bad writers block even though I have the plot already in my head. I've been really drained recently due to personal stuff and school, but I'll try my best!