Failed

I saw Hyun Gi at his locker with Kang Jae Hwa. She was really close to him...

"Hey Hyun Gi," I greeted him cautiously, still unsure of what was happening.

"Hey babe," he said, then turned to Jae Hwa. "See you later?"

She winked. "Sure."

After she left I looked up uncertainly at Hyun Gi. "Why-"

"Are you going to forbid me from talking to my female friends?" he interrupted. I lowered my eyes.

"Uh-no um... no..." I whispered. I was being irrational again. Hyun Gi wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me close to him.

"I'm yours. I promise," he said, running his fingers through my hair once. He laughed as I hurriedly tried to fix it. Maybe it was because he was laughing that I laughed too, though I was a little uncomfortable with the touching. I'd get used to it. It's what normal couples did.

———————————————————————————

"I don't know, I'm probably overreacting," I finished. We were in the practice room, supposedly working on Pie Jesu, and I had just told Jimin about Hyun Gi and Jae Hwa. Jimin looked concerned.

"If you don't feel comfortable with him talking like that with other girls, you should tell him," he advised.

"I think I'm being sensitive," I countered.

"No no no, it's only right that he hears you out too. You're both in this relationship."

"But I don't want him to think-"

"I think you've just earned your first failed assignment."

I looked at Jimin in the eyes. "What did you say?"

Jimin hesitated before repeating, "You failed. Remember Lesson-"

"I thought you'd be proud of me for handling this all," I said, my voice rising. Was he in a bad mood or something today?

"I'd be proud if you stood up for yourself instead of letting him touch you all over-"

"Who says I'm uncomfortable with him touching me?"

"I can see it on your face! You shouldn't let a guy have free reign touching you! I know you, you're uncomfortable!"

"What do you know about me!"

I gasped. Why did I just say that? Jimin's face fell.

"Jimin... I'm sorr-"

"No. Don't be." He still looked utterly destroyed. This is why you don't open your stupid mouth. This is why you don't argue with people, you end up hurting them. No filter...

The bell rang and he picked up his things and left without a word. I felt rooted to the spot. What had I just done? What had I done?