20• Warm

Not edited.

———————

" I went to the bathroom for one minute! One! And when I came back he was already covered in flour all over" jimin laughed softly shaking his head as he remembered the time when Dae was three years old and they tried baking together for the first time. 

"He seems like a good kid" Jun added.

"He is" Jimin said staring at his now cold coffee he Didn't want to order another simply because he didn't want to see Jungkook.

Speaking about Jungkook, Jungkook kept his distance but enough to hear the conversation between the two.

Guilt was cooking him alive.  Just listening to the stories about his son, he felt so frustrated with himself, there isn't a day where he isn't beating himself for what he did. Like if he had stayed none of this would have happened.

Jimin wouldn't be on that stupid date with that guy and he should be there baking with his son instead.

"Woah take it easy on the glass, what did it do to deserve this treatment?" A tall man with broad shoulders said.

"Sorry hyung" Jungkook said and sighed glancing one more time at Jimin and his date as they leave the diner.

Jungkook put the glass down and swang the dish cloth over his shoulder and turned around to meet his boss Jin.

"You okay kid?, you don't look good" Jin asked retrieving the glass and putting it down along with the other glasses.

"It's nothing hyung, my shift is over so I'll be heading out" Jungkook said taking off his apron.

Jin looked at his wrist watch and saw indeed that his shift is over. "o-oh ok, be safe", Jin said looking at Jungkook with worried eyes.

———————

The cold winter air hit Jungkook's face making him pull his scarf up until it his his nose.

He shivered slightly as he pulled out his phone to check the time which showed it was (19:30). He sighed and put the phone back into his Pocket. He knows he hadn't walked that far because he saw Jimin with a cigarette bud between his plump lips, leaning against his car as he stared into space.

Jungkook halted and stared at Jimin with a shocked expression because what the fuck.

When did Jimin start smoking?

Jungkook took cautious steps towards Jimin until he stepped on a crunchy leaf, giving off a loud crunch. Jimin snapped his head to the sound and moved away from his car, starting at Jungkook with wide eyes.

Jimin threw away his bud and stepped on it before fishing out his car keys in a haste. Before he could open the car door a hand slammed against the door very hard startling him.

"Jimin" Jungkook breathed.

Jimin stood in place his back facing Jungkook.

"Hyung" Jimin sighed in defeat slowing turning around.

"Jimin hyung what is this?" Jungkook said voice laced with concern.

"Why do you care?" Jimin asked crossing his arms.

"When did you start?"

"Again why do you care?"

"Jimin you have a son!" Jungkook yelled a little bit loudly.

"You're not my mother for you yell at me about my life choices!" Jimin rolled his eyes.

"Why are you doing this?" Jungkook asked putting his hands back into his pockets.

"You're asking a awful lot of questions today" Jimin scoffed fog leaving his mouth.

"May I see him?"

" I thought we've been through this" Jimin said pinching his nose bridge.

"Please, you can't keep him in the dark forever".

"I'm not! I'm protecting him from people like you" said getting frustrated.

"Then let me see him, how would you know i haven't changed if you don't give me a chance? Please Jimin even if it's for one day" Jungkook pleaded grasping jimin's hands into his.

Jimin looked down at his hands feeling the warmth of Jungkook's hands coursing through his hands.

Can he really trust Jungkook?

Dae was turning six soon, times are changing and it would be soon enough till Dae askes about his other parent.

Jimin hesitated for a good while "fine"  he sighed closing his eyes for a brief moment before he could open his eyes Jungkook pulled him into a bone crushing hug.

Jimin's brain shutdown for what felt like a minute until Jungkook pulled back and looked at him with a wide bunny smile which he knows all too well.

"Right… i- uh will uh text you the address, time and date" jimin said opening his door slightly.

"Thank you so much hyung" Jungkook said as he stepped back for Jimin to open the car door fully.

Jimin stepped into his car and started the car he closed the door and rolled down the window.

"Uh I'll see you later I guess" jimin said.

"Yeah…uh goodnight, drive safe".

Jimin gave him a half smile and drove off.

Jungkook smiled looking at jimin's car until he couldn't see it.

This is the happiest he's ever been since his break up with Lucas and he couldn't help the thought that he's finally going to reunite with his son.

He can finally breathe…

Finally.