"When was this interview done?" I asked quickly searching for the remote.

Miranda was the one to find it and turns on the guide to say, "Two weeks ago."

"So they're here?"

"I guess so."

"And he couldn't even bother to call and tell me that?" I whined with a pout.

Miranda frowned and right when she went to say something there was a knock on the door, well it was actually more of a slam. We both let out a yelp of a scream and I decided to be the brave one by getting up to peer out of the peephole. Out in the dim glow of the porch light stood my favorite person in the entire world.

"Oh my god, Corey's here." I gasped.

"Let him in!" She urged.

I unlocked the door and opened it joking, "What do you want?"

Instead of a reply he ran flat into me, hitting me so hard that I had to steady myself with the door frame. His arms locked around my body as his appeared to shake. I wound my arms around him, discovering that I was right.

"What's the matter?"

"I just need you." He murmured into my hair

"Did something happen?"

He nodded, "I asked Sarah to marry me and she said no."

I felt like I had just been punched in the gut at that and Miranda softly gasped behind us. I cleared my throat to try to get rid of the lump that began to grow, "I'm so sorry, here come in and sit down."

I lead him to the couch and Miranda quickly got up so I could sit him down.

"You want me to leave for a bit and give you guys some privacy?" She asked me softly.

I simply nodded, "If you wouldn't mind."

"Just call me when you're ready." She says grabbing her purse and keys before stepping out the door.

Once we were alone I joined him on the couch, putting an arm around his shoulders. "Talk to me."

He sighed heavily, "I don't know what to do now Ash. I had all of this shit planned out in my head about how it was going to be and I never once considered that this would happen. There's only one other girl in this world that means as much to me as Sarah does and I know I can't have her."

That struck me as strange, I had never known Corey to have eyes for anyone other than Sarah. I guess he met a girl out on the road, it made sense. None the less I asked, "Who?"

He laughed softly shaking his head, "You wouldn't know her."

I would never admit it out loud, but I was let down that it wasn't me. It was crazy to think that he would ever be into me, I'm probably too young for him to see me that way.

We sat there in silence for awhile before he said, "Well at least this will help me with writing."

He glanced over to me for reassurance and I nodded.

"Do you have anything I could drink?"

"Sure." I said and got up from the couch to head for the kitchen, "We have milk, tea, orange juice, and some coke."

"No, nothing like that." He says following me to lean against the wall of the entry way giving me a knowing look, "I know you guys have something stronger."

I raised an eyebrow trying to fake innocence, I don't think Corey really needs to know that I drink nowadays. "My roommate and I are both nineteen, we're not supposed to have alcohol."

He rolls his eyes remarking, "That never stopped you before."

"Do you want Jack Daniels, tequila, or vodka?" I asked giving up and opened up the cabinet next to the sink where we kept our drinks.

"Oh you got the big kid stuff don't you?" He joked and I had to resist rolling my eyes. "I'll take the whiskey."

I put the bottle of Jack on the counter before grabbing two glasses and setting them next to it.

"You're drinking with me?" He questioned seeming surprised.

I poured the drinks as I simply nodded before knocking mine back swiftly. He chuckled quietly with a shake of his head before doing the same. The burn in my throat went right through the rest of my body and I only watched as Corey poured us both another shot. Four shots later I had a decent buzz going and decided that I was done, but Corey seemed to be just getting started. Out of nowhere my phone buzzed in my back pocket and I pulled it out to see that I had gotten a text from a guy that I had recently started talking to.

"What's got you grinning so much?" Corey asks as I quickly answer my text.

I shrugged, "I just got a text message from this guy I'm kinda thinking about dating."

"Oh, I see how it is."

"What?"

"I thought you were going to wait for me." He stated with over the top pout and puppy dog eyes.

I laughed loudly before jokingly replying, "Well you were the one trying to run off and marry someone else."

"If I had known that I could have you I might not have."

I gave him a look, if he had been joking like I was then he just took it to far for me. So just to be spiteful and make him regret his words I grabbed the front of his shirt, gaining his attention immediately.

"What if you still can?"

He rose an eyebrow in confusion, so I pressed myself to his chest and kissed him quickly. I waited for him to shove me away, but he did just the opposite. His soft lips moved in sync with mine as he wrapped an arm around my hips and the other went to my jaw. He took control after that, pressing me to the counter, making the kiss deeper. I let out a yelp of surprise when he moved his arms to lift me up on the counter top, his hands slowly beginning to roam my body, running along my spine and down my neck. Then something dawned on me.

His kiss felt so familiar, its movement and urgency. It was the same kiss of the masked man that had attacked me two years ago, it had been Corey. Except this one was much more controlled and focused. I gasped against his mouth and he only was able to grin for a moment before I harshly pushed him off.

"What the hell Ashley?" He demanded.

I hopped down from the counter, "It was you!"

"What are you talking about?"

"It was you that attacked me that day wasn't it? At your concert?"

He turned as white as a sheet as he understood and he began to stammer, "A-Ashley I was really drunk and I wasn't thinking, I couldn't own up to that after it happened."

"But you didn't have to lie to me!"

"Ash, I'm sorry..."

I cut him off, "Just leave."

He moved closer to me reaching up to touch my face, "Ashley, please."

"Corey, get out." I tell him yanking away from him.

He sighed before nodding and quickly left my apartment with a slam of the door. I sunk to my knees when I was finally alone and all I could think to do was cry.