Chapter 25: Christmas Eve and hatching!

Serena's P.O.V.

24th December

I woke up to bright sunlight streaming through the window above me onto my face. Mmm. I stretched and went to the bathroom. It was locked?! From inside,  I heard screams of "Piplup, use bubble beam!". Oh wait. It was Dawn. Again. She does this EVERY morning to fix her bedhead.

Wait... is it the 24th? Of DECEMBER?! It's Christmas Eve!!! Oh my gosh. I have to wrap up the presents! Might as well do it now to save time and no one else is up yet. Apart from Dawn I suppose but oh well, she's probably going to stay in the bathroom for quite a while. 

After I retrieved the presents I got for my secret santa (May) and Clemont, I went to get the wrapping paper. They're under the table. We all bought them together. I chose a wrapping paper and a ribbon for each present.

After wrapping up the presents, I went and placed the wrapping paper back and tucked the gifts under the tree. I then went over to my little pokemon egg which was sitting on a pink cushion in its incubator. "I wonder what you'll be." I said, stroking its smooth pink shell. Suddenly, it grew hot and started to glow! It wasn't just mine, everyone else's was too!

"Guys!" I cried. "Wake up!"

Later
At the first aid/pokemon centre room

Nurse Joy took each of our eggs out of their incubators and placed them in a cot. Then she called a couple of Chansey over to watch over the eggs. She turned to talk to us when suddenly the boys ran over holding glowing eggs!
"Nurse Joy!" They shouted and then stared at us and then our eggs that were glowing too. Nurse Joy took their eggs and did the same.

I started talking with Clemont.
"What do you think will hatch out of these eggs?" I asked, standing around my egg and Clemont's.
"Hmmm. There's never a way to say for certain." He replied. "But judging from the egg shell, I estimate that mine will be an electric type (points to his yellow egg) and yours will be a fairy type (points to my pink egg.)"

"I can't wait for them to hatch!" I said excitedly.
"Um Serena?" Clemont said.
"Yes?" I said.
"You do realise you're still only wearing your pjamas right?" he said.
"Oh!" I said and blushed. I hadn't even brushed my hair! And I hadn't moisturised! What if Clemont won't like me anymore? Deep breaths. Think positive.

"Uh Serena?" Clemont said.
"What?" I asked.
"The eggs are hatching!" He said.
Gasp. Omg! The egg is hatching!!! I've waited so long to see what pokemon comes out!

The egg glowed brighter and brighter until the pokemon appeared! It was pale pink and had a curl at the top of its head. It also had 2 brown points that went out sideways on its head and it had a small curled tail. It's SO CUTE!!!
"Cleffa!" It said.
"Awww. You're so cute!" I said and picked her up for a cuddle.
"Here's cleffa's pokeball." Nurse Joy said, handing me a pokeball.

"Hey Clemont, what did you hatch?" I asked.
"A Pichu!" He said, holding the cute yellow pre evolution of pikachu.
"It's so cute! I hatched a Cleffa!" I said.
"Cool! Let's see what everyone else got!" He said.

We walked over to everyone else. "Hey Leaf what did you get?" I asked.
"I got a Chingling." She said, holding a yellow pokemon with a bell inside its mouth. "Aww, yours is so cute!"
"Thanks, yours is too!" I said.

"Mine is pretty cute too." Gary interrupted. He was holding a little blue manta ray pokemon. It was pretty cute.
"Awww." I said. "What is it?"
"A mantine." Gary said.

"I got a Smoochum!" Dawn cried. "Isn't it just a cutie!"
She was holding a small hot pink pokemon with a yellow short bobed haircut.
"Aww. It's so cute!" I said.

"What did you get Paul?" Dawn asked.
"A Tyrogue." Paul smiled. Paul SMILED!!!

"I got a Bonsly and May got an Igglybuff!" Drew said. In his arms was a brown pokemon with a green leafy top. In May's arms was a small pink pokemon which slightly resembled a balloon.

"I got a Magby!" Ash said. He was holding a red pokemon with a yellow flame shape on its stomach.
"Cool!" Gary said.

"Wait," Ash said looking around. "Mist's egg is hatching!"

We all ran round and crowded around Misty. What would hatch out of that mysterious egg? Even Clemont didn't know what would come out!

The egg glowed brighter anfd brighter until its grey and white egg shell disappeared and in its place was . . .

An Eevee!

This Eevee looked different. I just couldn't put my finger on it. It had ghostly grey fur. Wait. Wasn't Eevees supposed to have brown fur? That means that this Eevee is a . . .

"A SHINY?!" Gary shouted. "Woah!"
"Wow!" Everyone said and stared closer at the magical Eevee.
"Congratulations Misty! You got yourself a beautiful shiny Eevee!" Nurse Joy said.
"Ah, the eggs have hatched!" Brock said. Woah. Where'd he come from?
"Now we know who got the special pokemon." Brock continued.

Later

Back at the dorm, we gathered around Misty's bed as we admire her Eevee. She was combing its silky fur with a silver and blue brush as it slept in her lap.

"Eevee! Eevee eevee!" It cried as it woke up.
"What's wrong Eevee?" Misty asked.
"It's hungry." Gary replied.
"AGGHHHH! IT'S ONE O'CLOCK AND WE HAVEN'T HAD BREAKFAST AND LUNCH!!!" Ash screamed.
"Can we go out to a restaurant today?" May asked. "I know a really good one nearby!"
"Cool. Why not?" Leaf said and we raced off to go to the restaurant (bringing some baby food with us).

At the restaurant

The hall was scented with the smells of brilliant food. This place was making my mouth water! It was a smooth marble floor and cozy wooden tables.

Later, the food arrived and we all sat down at a table to eat. Misty, Ash and I had ordered fish and chips with garden peas. Mmm. It was delicious! The fish was coated in crispy batter and the chips were soft and tasty. The garden peas were fresh and good. There was even a slice of lemon to add lemon juice to the fish and a small pot of tartare sauce.

May and Clemont had ordered  pizza. It was covered in tomato sauce and slightly melted cheese. It also had ham, meatballs, chicken strips, mushrooms and slices of sausage.

Drew and Dawn had ordered  bowls of noodles with wontons. The noodles looked soft, round and long and the wontons were filled with seasoned pork. They were all swimming in soup.

Paul, Leaf and Gary were eating  bowls of rice with sides.

At last, we went home. Mmm. That food really is good! I need to ask May how she knows all these awesome restaurants one day.

Wooh! Happy Christmas Eve! I'm going to update and publish (hopefully) a Christmas chapter tomorrow!

Pokemon Q of the Chapter:
Who is the most Chriatmassy pokemon?