Chapter 16: the obstacle course

Serena's P.O.V.
"Go!" Korrina shouted. I started to run. The wind whipped my hair around my face. "Fenniken!" Fenniken said as she ran with me. Soon, she started lagging behind, which was usual as she had short legs and we hadn't done much training in the Summer. Why hadn't we done any training? I picked up Fenniken and carried on running with her on my shoulder.

We reached the first obstacle. It was a large wooden wall with a few ropes dangling on its surface. We had to climb that?! We don't have suction pads for feet! I watched as kids seemed to leap up the wall. Soon I realised that most people were all ready on the other side! Hurrridly, I ran over and started climbing it. I tried but I kept on falling back down! Finally I grasped the rope and dragged myself up. At long last we reached the top and I looked down. Bad mistake. I stared at the world beneath me and trembled. It seemed so high up! "Fenn!" Fenniken said, nudging me gently with her nose. I took a deep breath and started to descend the wall, placing my feet carefully on the footholds.

At the bottom, we stopped to catch our breath then continued running. We then saw the next challenge: a mesh wire that we had to climb under. "Come on Fenn." I said and we started crawling under the wires.

Later, we suffered through a lot of other obstacles including hurdles! The proper big ones. I tried to jump over them but I couldn't make it! I knocked over 2 actually. I think Fenniken actually looked embarrased. After that, we had to walk up a balance beam, then swing to the other side of a platform! At least I held on tight enough!

Finally we seemed to near the finish line. The last obstacle was …wait what?! A forest? "A few pokemon have helped me create this large area of weeds for us to use today. Try to get to the other side with your pokemon!" Korria shouted from a megaphone.

"Use Flamethrower!" I shouted.
"Fenn!" Fenniken shouted and burnt a path for us. "Yess!" I screamed, later at the other side. We did it!"  Korrina started to dish out the places that we each got. Then I realised that everyone was staring at me. I was LAST! Even Clemont was before me! How did that even happen? Have you seen how slow he runs?

Hi, sorry for the late chapter. It's near the end of term now so we have tests! 😭I also have lots of homework😓.

Pokemon Q of the chapter:
Which character in pokemon do you think would be a good teacher? (Remember that there are other lessons too like pokemon battling and stuff)

I'm getting a bit stuck on teachers now and I need some help! Sorry. (ಥ_ಥ)