1

~<Kirishima's POV (age 3)>~

I wake up too a nightmare, and started crying. I start too rub my face and the exact moment I did that my hand hardened while my mom was walking in. She heard me scream from pain, I had accidentally scratched my eye with my hand that was now rough and like a rock, I closed my eye and looked at my hand seeing blood. My mom walked over too me, I was expecting her too look at my eye but instead she was looking at my rock like hand. She looked mad, 'what did I do' I asked myself. She looked up at me glaring, "I had high hopes in you..." she walked over too the crib where my sister Ryuji was picking her up and than taking out... cloths? My arm went back too normal and I got up still crying because of my eye. I went too my dad and woke him up. My dads eyes went wide, he cupped my face and said, "WHAT HAPPENED?!?" I was crying and did the thing with my arm and he than got up to grab the First-Aid. While he went into the bathroom my mom walked in with a bag. She put Ryuji down on the bed, and started too put her cloths in a suitcase.

My dad walked back into the room with the First-Aid, but dropped it looking at my mom. "What are you doing hone-" he tried too say but she turned her head and glared at him. "Don't call me that!" She than got up grabbing Ryuji and pulling her suitcase and bag out of their room.

She was walking out of the house when my dad grabbed her wrist, "W-whats going on...? Why are you leaving...?" He said, I didn't know what was happening, 'where is mommy going' 'when will she be back?' 'Is she mad at us?' 'Can I go with mom if she's going on a trip?' I was lost in thought not listening too their conversation when I see my mom bite my dad using her quirk, venom, she than walked away with Ryuji saying, "he's not good enough, maybe this kid will have a better quirk." She drove off. I stood there blood dripping from my eye, my dad laying there in pain from her quirk. I than realized I could answer one of my questions.

"She won't be coming back..."

~<Time skip too when he's 14>~

I wake up too a banging on my door. I had locked it like I do every night. I look over seeing it's 4:30 am and realize dad probably just got back from the bar. I start too get dressed not even paying attention too the banging, I brush my hair and take a deep breath. I unlock the door and he immediately pushed it open causing the door too hit my nose, thankfully I hardened in time so I only got a bloody nose. He looked down at me wreaking of alcohol.

He slapped me saying with slurred words, "didn't I tell you NOT to lock your door anymore!!" He yelled giving me a blank stare with slight anger. I look down, "...sorry" I mumbled. He hit me again and yelled, "LOOK AT ME WHEN YOU TALK!" As I was looking up he collapsed passing out. I sighed and dragged him too his room and tucked him into bed. I look at him. When he's asleep it reminds me of when it was better. I shake my head getting the thoughts out of my mind. Not in the mood too cry, I walk too my room and go into my bathroom, I than patch up my bloody nose, and cover the slaps.

I walk outside on my way too school early because than I get too sit at the cherry trees and have a good sleep but while I'm walking I get pushed. I look over too see Hikari Tarakai and her gang, she's pretty strong, she has a quirk called 'flash' she can make a flash of light and momentarily blind someone, and if there is light visible that she didn't make, she can use it too make bindings that burn you while slowly getting tighter around you, it's painful, trust me, I know. She smiled at me, "Hey Eji! I haven't seen you sense Friday how was your weekend!" She said putting her arm around me and making light burning my arm. "How's you mom?"

"Oh, wait..."

My face grows dark, 'why dose she always bring her up??' I think, her friend laughs "nice one Tara!" I shrug her arm off me and said in a low voice "d-don't call me Eji..." She looked at me with a smirk, "don't be like that Ejiro, I'm your friend that's what friends call each other!" She smiled again. I look at her and get a little confidence, "okay than Kari" I say a little louder.

Her face grew red with anger, no one called her Kari anymore because she hated it, it was short for her first name Hikari. She thinks she's being treated like a kid when you call her that. She grabbed my shirt losing her composure, "what did you call me you useless piece of trash?!?" She yelled. I still had my confidence and said "Kari" making every syllable noticeable. That's when I realized I really messed up because she threw me down on the sidewalk and bonded me in light, "WHAT AM I A KID OR SOMETHIN'?!?!" She yelled getting mad.

After beating me up she walked away not unbinding me. So I sat there burning and bleeding. I knew from experience the binds stay for half an hour, so that meant I only had 15 minutes left. I sat there and after 10 minutes I had fallen over and was laying on my side, when I heard someone. I had been in this situation before, they are just gonna walk by and-

"OH MY GOD!!"

I heard a shriek, I get confused and look over too see a pink girl with horns, black where the white of the eyes should be, and had golden eyes. I know her, she goes too my school she's.... Ashido, Mina Ashido! I giver her a confused look as she runs too me. "Are you okay?!?" She screams sliding too me and helping me sit up, still confused I say "w-what...? Uhhh why are you helping me?" She tilts her head, "who wouldn't???" She exclaimed. I just responded with, "literally everyone who walks by me" she looks at me saying, "well not everyone cus here I am! And-OW" she retracted her hand and it was burnt. "What is that rope thing?!?" Me still confused and not filtering what I was saying said, "it's bindings from Hikari's quirk it should wear off in like hmm 4 or 5 minutes." She looks at me blankly, "why would she do this she's such a sweetheart!" 'Oh yeah I forgot, Ashido is popular and in a higher social standing than me.' I thought too myself, looking away I said, "she just uhh... doesn't like me"

Ashido looked confused and in that moment the binds pretty much poofed out of existence. And I stretched my arms examining the burns and see my nose started too bleed again. "Dang it... not again..." I mumble too myself forgetting Ashido was there, her eyes widen and she says "AGAIN??? And oh my gosh is your nose okay?!?" She panicked. I laugh a little and nod. "Yup I'm fine I'm used too it, but uh you're Ashido, Ashido Mina right?" I say tilting my head. She gives me a worried smile and says, "yup, that's me! But call me Mina! I have a feeling we are gonna be good friends...." I look at her and say "Kirishima, Ejiro Kirishima!" She smiles and we walk too school and she insisted we go right too the clinic.

~<Time Skip too end of school day>~

I start too pack up my stuff and walk into the hall where I get elbowed in the side by non other than Hikari Tarakai! I grunt and she pushes me against the lockers glaring at me saying "What did you tell Mina?! She asked about you too me!" She cocked her arm getting ready too punch me I close my eyes waiting for it too happen but it never came. I open my eyes a little too see her hand was caught by an ash blond boy, he looked at her and said,

"What the fuck are you doing?!"