Operation Day

Today was the day of Ember's operation, she had been dreading this day but knew it needed to happen. If there was a chance she could walk again, Ember would take it and if it all came crashing down then she would do everything she could to move on, for Diamond. Her nerves were reaching their breaking point and she felt faint as she sat in the hospital room set up within the house. It was still strange to Ember that it even existed but it did come in useful for the men.
Bile was beginning to rise in her throat, she hadn't even had the time to think everything over. As Peter promised he had came yesterday evening to discuss the procedure only to surprise with how soon he wanted to do it. Only eleven hours had passed since he broken the news and while it seemed long enough, it had passed before Ember could find time to gather herself. She had once again found herself in J's bed last night with Diamond, seeking out what comfort she could as she willed herself to be strong.

Now as she sat in the room alone in her hospital gown, Ember felt her strength completely diminish. How she wished she could go bury her head in Diamond's curls and forget everything that had happened, even if it was just for a moment. J had brought Ember down to the room yet had disappeared right away. She needed him here but she wouldn't speak it out loud, she didn't want to show him that her resolve was breaking, there was still work that had to be done between them. Ember also couldn't deny how much she had enjoyed sleeping next to him these last two nights, in fact she had been sleeping better than ever.

"Ember, are you ready?" Peter chirped walking into the room causing Ember to flinch and lift her eyes up from her toes.
"No...yes.....I don't know" Ember shrugged quietly, letting out a deep breath.
Her eyes began to sting with tears, she didn't understand why she was upset. Perhaps it was a build up of everything or perhaps she was weak. Gripping the side of the bed tightly, Ember shut her eyes and willed her legs to move, just the once, it's all she needed.
Taking in her frustration at herself, Peter reached out and gently placed his hands over hers.
"I know you're scared darling but you have nothing to fear, I will do this, we will do this together. I will not fail you I swear" Peter reassured Ember watching her frown ease up slightly as she opened her eyes once again.
"Where's J?..I wanted him to be...here" Ember whimpered feeling incredibly let down. She had thought at least one person would be here in support but she had been left alone. Ember had yet to see Harley and Abby again, especially after Abby had perked Ember's curiosity with her words. Ember was desperate to find out what was happening in the room that caused her greatest nightmares a long time ago but not being able to move had put the mystery on hold and now all she felt was frustration. No one could ever just be straight with Ember, it was always mysteries and secrets.

"Oh little doll I'm right hereeeee!"

Hearing her want for him, Joker came from his hiding spot outside and quickly made his way into the room

Hearing her want for him, Joker came from his hiding spot outside and quickly made his way into the room. He didn't want his little doll alone especially not at a time like this. Joker feared nothing nevertheless he was feeling it greatly now. His family had made him soft and the things that once couldn't move him, now filled his days with concern. It was only an operation, Joker, he'd had plenty much of which he had performed on himself including others but walking into the room and seeing his doll perched up on the bed made his gut twist. The doctor would be the first to die if this went badly, Joker didn't care for the mans family, he cared for no family except his.